Customer Service Professional - German Speaking (Merchant Servicing)
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Merchant Servicing Network, the servicing centre for American Express Merchants seeking a German Speaking CCP for our Terminal Enablement Team
If you are passionate about delivering extraordinary service, results driven and interested in working for a world-class Global brand, then the American Express Customer Care Professional position may be an ideal fit for you. In this role you will provide extraordinary customer service by swiftly and accurately enabling our Merchant’s point of sale terminals, making it easy for them to do business with us and our American Express Cardmembers.
You will be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team that has responsibility for Merchant point of sale (POS) processes for our valued German and Austrian customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing work inputs/inventory in line with departmental and individual goals.
- Email communication is the main part of this role with 20% on the phone
- Liaison with third party partners and terminal providers.
- Working closely with other teams and departments within the business.
- Managing escalations from internal customers via email/calls.
- Troubleshooting issues preventing terminals from accepting American Express.
- Continuous process improvement; looking for ways to drive down issues and increase Merchant satisfaction.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express are pleased to offer a competitive international relocation package for the right candidate that possess the correct right to work in the UK. Further details and conditions will be shared on application.
Like the sound of working in a small team? Do you have what it takes to build a career here? Previous experience is not important, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate that they are:
- Fluent in German and English, written and spoken;
- Highly self-motivated, results-oriented and positive;
- A team player;
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi task and easily adapt to change;
- Enjoying working with technology; proficient keyboard skills and in navigating within a Windows environment, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Passionate about American Express and customer service.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.