Community Paediatric Lead – RCN – Complex Care
Complex Healthcare at Home
£38,000 - £40,000 (basic) per annum + £3k car allowance + mileage
Home Based / Sussex area
Mon – Fri (flexible working at home)
Compass Associates is proud to be working alongside a growing Community Children’s Complex Care provider who is expanding their nurse-led healthcare in the home team in the West and East Sussex region.
This is a full time position – as a Community Paediatric Lead you will handle 9-10 cases of clients (all children) with high dependency care needs, resulting from a Spinal or Brain Injury, from long term and degenerative conditions to congenital diseases.
You will provide the support the client’s needs to manage their condition and maintain a lifestyle they choose. Furthermore, you will ensure the quality of clinical input and documentation alongside providing clinical supervision, signing off training and competencies to non-qualified members of the MDT (carers and personal assistants).
The Community Paediatric Lead covers cases in the Sussex area, particularly around Crawley, Horsham, Worthing with also some cases in Guildford and Epsom.
As a part of the Management Team you are expected to travel occasionally to their Head Office which is based in East Croydon.
- RCN / RSCN (Children’s Nurse) qualified with a valid NMC pin
- Experience working within Community Complex Care (Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Injury, High Dependency and Intensive Care Unit settings) imperative
- Competent in training Tracheostomy, Ventilator and PEG Feed packages
- Extensive understanding of Care Quality Commission standards and Governance
- Data driven, comfortable in analysing service outcome information and problem-solving
- Passionate in promoting independence for those needing complex care from long term conditions
2 stages, one informal telephone chat with the Clinical Director to discuss future caseload, followed by a formal stage in their East Croydon office.
Salary and Benefits
The salary on the position is up to £38k - £40k (negotiable depending on experience) + £3k car allowance + mileage and company benefits such as 25 days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays
To apply, or for more information and an informal confidential discussion please contact Ani Abello at [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]
Compass Associates Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 worth of John Lewis vouchers for each successful recommendation