Global Content Manager
Your primary responsibility will be delivering the Bupa Global story in an engaging and topical way.
We are looking for a content creator who will create an ongoing trustworthy news source that is contributing to our reputation and extending the conversation beyond insurance and price. The successful candidate will be able to draw on and connect ideas from multiple disciplines and sources and will take an active interest in health and wellbeing, creating compelling stories that are aligned with key business strategies. Writing for web, working with audio and video, working with comms, marketing and PR teams as well as creative and production agencies.
- Ensure all communications are on brand, relevant, compliant, managed at expiry and meet regulatory requirements
- Ownership of the content pages on the Content Hub; including approvals, review, expiry, withdrawals and reporting
- Managing assets and contributors - i.e. licensing, release agreements etc
- Tactics – researching ideas and generating an ongoing pipeline of stories by identify and recruiting contributors, interviewing individuals and editing copy to publish
- Testimonials - owning and managing the creation, approvals and lifecycle of testimonials
- Podcast – a key member of the editorial team for episode creation, converting episodes into reusable assets (i.e. articles and advertorials), seeding to marketing teams and owned channels for publishing
- Briefing in design and audio and video requirements to AV Media Specialist, and in-house design studio, evaluate output against brief
- Working closely with other communication teams to coordinate communication plans, streamline content production and ensure consistency in messaging
- Being first point of contact for the business for content queries and requests
- Triaging off-strategy content proposals
The Ideal Candidate
- PR, Marketing or Communication qualification or equivalent experience
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Experience of evolving communication trends and traditional and new media formats
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills
- Preferably a ‘writer at heart’ able to adapt to short stories, talking points, video scripts and creative briefs (will be using copywriters, but need to turn these jobs around fast, so some skills in writing preferable)
- Keen interest in health and wellbeing
- Self-motivated, organised and creative
- Asset lifecycle management - understanding approval workflows and governance
- Experienced in developing / managing multimedia communication channels and writing communication plans
About The Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.