Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The Digital Workplace organization exists to simplify work and raise productivity by empowering colleagues with the best digital tools and service experiences . Now, more than ever, we need workplace technology that is optimized for colleagues who work anywhere as well as making mobile a first-class experience, core to the way we work. If you’re excited about the idea of helping colleagues to do their best work every day, this is the role for you!
Our Solutions Architects have both deep technical and strategic business knowledge, but they’re of one mind about using transformational technology to drive better business outcomes. You will focus initially on the transformational MobileNext initiative, before branching out in to other areas of the Digital Workplace portfolio.
Our Solutions Architects have both deep technical and strategic business knowledge. But they’re of one mind about using transformational technology to drive better business outcomes. So If Business and Data Architecture is second nature to you, there’s no better place to build a career.
Transform our business and your career.
There’s no way around it, it takes a consultative approach and IT experience to drive business success. If you have both, here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring strategic alignment to Platform Blueprint roadmaps and enterprise standards
- Making certain the engineered environment meets business requirements
- Focusing on cross-platform integration to leverage and optimize platform capabilities
- Performing hands-on architecture design work and participating in design and code reviews
- Coaching and mentoring engineering resources on solution architecture
- Become THE expert in Digital Workplace technology and the art of the possible. We know you’re not there yet, but we’ll give you the space and resources to learn.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
- You don’t have to have prior experience working with colleague-facing technology to be successful in this role, but a passion for colleague experience is critical!
- University Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Significant hands-on architecture, programming or equivalent infrastructure engineering experience
- Advanced hands-on experience with application solution architecture design
- End-to-end software development of complex distributed (multi-tiered) systems
- Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology
- Experience in architecting and engineering global platform solutions
- Experience with network, information security and server fundamentals
At the core of Solution Architecture
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming/Software Development
- Conformance Review
- Enterprise and Business Architecture Development
- Adaptive Communication
- Analytical Thinking
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.