Localization Project Manager : Elekta
Description: To support the growth of the Elekta business and our constant innovation in patient care, the Global Engineering business area has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Localization Project Manager.
This is a varied and dynamic role within the Global Engineering business area, with daily responsibilities to manage and develop a range of Localization projects such as translations of product manuals, online help and graphical user interfaces.
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager with an interest in localization to help deliver our products to international markets quickly and efficiently. You will be self-starting and be able to work independently. You will be able to identify and interpret Localization requirements effectively. You will be dealing with many projects and files and must have extremely good file organization abilities.
The role involves close collaboration and liaison with other functional areas of Elekta’s global business, to arrange the translation of technical content in accordance with project timelines.
Elekta seeks to continuously improve its operating environment. You will be capable of supporting the development and implementation of new practices, processes and techniques to encourage and develop a highly innovative approach to information development.
- To identify translation requirements and create translation projects as instructed or required
- To liaise and manage the relationship with third party translation partners
- To manage the validation of translation projects.
- To coach more junior members if applicable
- To be proactive in identifying requirements
- To create/partake in initiatives to improve documentation processes
- To provide support to the authoring team, sometimes carrying out authoring activities
- To support the Information Development Manager in any way requested
Authorities Relevant Knowledge, skills and competncies: Core competencies
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across global environments
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Ability to work under pressure whilst being adaptable and flexible
- Logical in thought with high attention to detail
- Culturally aware
- Reliable attendance and punctual time keeping
- Good coaching and networking skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of Degree or equivalent experience in an engineering, radiographic, scientific, technical software, or life sciences environment.
- Experience with XML-based authoring and localization tools.
- Knowledge of modern localization techniques using translation memories and associated software.
- Experience in localization coordination and project management.
- Experience of DITA, XML, XSD, XSLT would be advantageous.
- High level of competence using the usual office software applications and tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in an Agile project environment would be advantageous.
additional local information: The role will be officially based in Crawley, but with a significant amount of homeworking until further notice.