Bookkeeper required in Brighton
Bookkeeper – Brighton
LoveLocalJobs.com are working with a practice that is looking for bookkeeper for the Brighton area .
Are you a bookkeeper with experience of working in with in a practice?
Have you got experience of using Zero, QuickBooks or Sage accounting packages?
If so we want to hear from you.
The role is imperative to the team due to the influx of work and growth to the practice you will need to be a forward thinker with practice experience to be able to hit the ground running
- Bookkeeping using online QuickBooks, Xero software and Sage
- Reconciliation of control accounts including bank accounts, debtors and creditors
- Prepare VAT returns and liaise with Inland Revenue when necessary
- Prepare and produce the monthly payroll and pension calculations in accordance with company policy,
- Responsible for making sure HMRC payments are paid and P11D’s are submitted
- Produce quarterly profit forecasts with variance analysis to budget
- Checking and processing client expense returns
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns monthly
- Ensuring clients are made aware of important legislative changes
- Monitoring relative merits of alternative VAT schemes
- Monthly review of financial data on cloud based software
- Assist in the setup of new clients on system
- Provide accounts and tax support for general practice work as required
- Accountancy practice experience
- Good working knowledge of cloud based software
- Organised, self-motivated and a confident communicator
- Experience of working with multiple clients in a bureau environment
This is one of many vacancies we are handling across the Finance & Accountancy market right now. If this role isn’t right for you please submit your CV to the job board so we can bring the latest roles to you!