Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Working week: Monday-Friday, 08.30am- 4pm (with half an hour lunch break), 35 hours per week
- Monthly wage: £629.42
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 07 Dec 2020
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so the job could start before the apprenticeship closing date.
Training and support will be provided throughout the period of the Apprenticeship to help you to undertake the following tasks:
- Communicate with clients and partner organisations in person and by phone, letter, email and videoconferencing
- Meet and greet Centre visitors
- Assist with maintaining a safe and COVID-compliant environment
- Organise and create paper and digital files and folders
- Input data onto company databases
- Log and maintain data and create reports using spreadsheets
- Prepare for and set up meetings and take minutes
- Order stationery and supervise stock control
- Banking and financial activities
- Marketing and promotional activities, including social media and representing the Charity at events
- Support other staff members and volunteers.
Attention to detail is key and using the correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. Please take this into consideration when filling in your application and for the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills – e.g. MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Team working skills
- Attention to detail
- Using the correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Enjoy meeting people and being part of a team
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
- Friendly and helpful.
- GCSE English – grade 4 / C or above, or equivalent
- GCSE maths – grade 4 / C or above, or equivalent.
There is a possibility of a permanent position with our Charity upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship, but due to the small nature of our organisation and ongoing changes in the working world this cannot be guaranteed.
Things to consider
- You must be able to travel to our Eastbourne Centre each working day; however, we are conveniently located close to Eastbourne Town Centre with excellent public transport links
- Please note that on-site parking is not available, but on-street parking may be found nearby
- When filling in an application it is the chance to show the employer why you're suitable for the apprenticeship. Always make sure to answer each question in depth, pay attention to detail and use the correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- 28 days paid annual leave (plus Bank Holidays).
- If you turn 19 in the second year of the apprenticeship you will be paid Minimum Wage for your age.
- Free tea and coffee.
About the employer
EAST SUSSEX HEARING
East Sussex Hearing Resource Centre is a small, independent, registered charity established in 2003, providing services for the deaf and hard of hearing community throughout East Sussex.
Based in Eastbourne, our Centre is run by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, and our clients are at the heart of everything we do.
Our services include providing free and impartial hearing-related information and advice to the public by phone, email or in person; installing specialist hearing equipment in clients’ homes; providing a hearing maintenance service; and delivering BSL sign language and lipreading classes.
8 St Leonards Road
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration (optional)
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
As part of your contracted working hours 20% of your time will be spent on something called off the job training. Off the job training is where you are learning any skill relevant to the job role and apprenticeship. Training may include being mentored, shadowing, doing research, putting evidence together for your portfolio, mock assessments and so on.
Apprenticeship standard: Business Administrator