Customer Service Apprentice
- Working week: Tues, Wed, Fri and Sat (subject to change), 8.30am until 5.30pm with 30min lunch break and further refreshments taken whilst working. Working hours may increase during peak times for example in hot periods in the summer and in December.
- Total hours per week: 32
- Weekly wage: £132.80
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 07 Dec 2020
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so as a result the apprenticeship may start before the closing date.
The role is varied and will include:
- Preparing the premises and equipment and client notes ready for the arrival of clients and any other administration duties as required
- Greeting clients and their dogs
- Carry out health checks, and procedures that are required such as ear cleaning, bathing and drying dogs and other grooming tasks depending on experience.
- Cleaning and disinfecting / sterilising the baths, work areas and equipment in between each dog, we also have to do this with the clients as well to be Covid secure.
- Give feedback to the client, take payments and make appointments.
- Update the computer system and paper copy notes with the grooming procedures carried out and the fee charged and file away notes.
- Clean/ sterilise all equipment used and the shop and working areas.
- Stock display, updating, cleaning, pricing and helping clients choose items, for example harness and leads.
- Equipment maintenance and any other duties to keep the premises clean and tidy at all times.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- Happy to interact with people both face to face, electronic contact and on the telephone.
- You must be physically fit as you will be on your feet for the majority of the day and be lifting dogs.
- Computer skills and social media would be an advantage but not essential
- The ability to move from one task to another easily
- Being able to build good customer relationships
- The ability to take on board feedback.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Being able to work within a small team
- The desire to successfully complete the Customer Service Apprenticeship
- Having a positive attitude especially when approaching clients
- Being able to easily adapt
- Being flexible in your approach to the working environment as the task may vary or be repetitive depending on the bookings we have.
- Being kind, compassionate and show respect towards the animals we have in our care and of your co-workers
- Being a good time keeper as we work on an appointment system so this is very important.
There are no essential qualifications for this apprenticeship however there will be an initial assessment in maths and English before the apprenticeship starts to ensure that the successful applicant is at a high enough level to complete the apprenticeship.
There may potentially be a full time job role that you can apply for at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This is a physical job role and you will be standing up all day.
Applicants wishing to apply should note that there will be a two day work trial before an apprenticeship offer is made.
You may get to undertake a dog grooming course alongside the customer service apprenticeship. This will be discussed on appointment with the applicant.
About the employer
The Dog Hut Biz
The Dog Hut.Biz is unique as it offers a wide range of services for dogs, cats and people under one roof. This includes dog and cat grooming, a canine behaviour clinic on veterinary referral and is also a teaching college which is based in Seaford, East Sussex.
The company was previously located in Polegate, before relocating to Seaford in June 2019 after a year's sabbatical in Sicily.
The company provides a wide range of professional services professional including advice on the dog grooming process, coat condition, help with skin problems, appropriate products and skin treatments, behavioural issues from puppy training to canine aggression. We also offer ultrasonic teeth cleaning and microchipping.
1 Claremont Road
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Training to be provided
Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
Customer Service Level 2 Diploma (optional)
Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard: Customer service practitioner.