Senior Treasury Analyst
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Right now we have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Treasury Analyst within the Global Treasury Operations - EMEA Cash Management Team, based in Burgess Hill, which is responsible for cash management of approximately 600 bank accounts across more than 20 countries in the EMEA region.
- You will manage the centralised pooling structures to ensure sufficient liquidity throughout the EMEA region utilising regional borrowing facilities, sale of receivables and FX deals
- Create and manage forecasting models to track short-term regional funding requirements for cash management and reporting
- Oversee and perform daily cash management operations supported by 6 colleagues
- Maintain and develop relationships with banking partners and business groups across American Express
- Ensure compliance with Treasury PRSAs, policies and procedures, including preparation and review of regular risk and performance reporting
- Use and maintain key systems utilised in the end-to-end cash management processes: FIS Quantum, JPMChase Access and SCB S2B
- Manage the monthly balance sheet reviews for Treasury owned general ledger accounts, including investigation and resolution of aged reconciliation items
- Strengthen the control environment and drive change through continuous process improvements and re-engineering of cash management processes
- Support projects involving both internal and external stakeholders
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ideally hold university degree with strong academic results. Preference for Finance or Economics or equivalent experience
- Ideally hold, or studying towards, a professional Treasury or Accounting qualification
- And / Or experience within a Finance or Corporate Treasury environment
- Excellent Excel skills (ideally with experience with VBA)
- Strong team-player with excellent interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure to multiple deadlines
- Robust analytical approach, with high attention to detail and ability to challenge accuracy of data
- Clear oral and written communication skills; ability to work with internal / external partners across different functions and communicate with all levels of management
- Creative - proven ability to think strategically, and to focus on goals and continuous process improvements, whilst motivating other colleagues to ensure delivery
- This role requires core competencies of communication; leadership; attention to detail; ability to drive change, innovate and problem-solving
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.