4 days left
- Full Time
Lancing College is seeking to appoint a full time Nursery Assistant, this is an exciting opportunity to begin/continue your career in Child Care. The ideal candidate must be passionate about supporting the running of a fun, stimulating, and safe nursery for children, alongside wanting to grow and progress their career opportunities.The Nursery Assistant will report to the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children and the Early Years Framework.
- Build good working relationships with parents and other family members, alongside management and other colleagues.
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery and assist in making the sure the nursery is clean and safe at all times.
- You will be extremely positive and outgoing, with a real passion for developing your career as a Childcare professional.
- To be committed to the safeguarding of all children in the nursery and your direct care
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is passionate about child care/development and ensuring each child’s safety is a priority at all times. You will be provided with a fantastic support network and career development opportunities.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and committed about working with children and have some experience in caring for children, ideally within a nursery setting.
You will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to engage effectively with other team members and senior management.
- Hold a full and relevant Early Years qualification either Level 2 or equivalent
- Have experience with children ages 0-5 years old
- Have a basic knowledge of the EYFS
- Ideally have an up-to-date Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Hygiene Certificate
- Be flexible with start and finishing times
- Be a team-player who is enthusiastic, hardworking and committed to a career within childcare
- Committed to the safeguarding and protection of children
- Values and respects the views and needs of children
- Experience/knowledge of Children’s Act and OFSTED requirements
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate within 3 years
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilience with the ability to work well under pressure
- Committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Valid driving license and access to own car