Teaching Assistant with Care Duties
7 days left
- Full Time
Do you want to start your career in special needs education?
Can you see the potential in others and help them achieve their goals?
Let me tell you more about your next role:
I am currently on the lookout for a compassionate Teaching Assistant with care duties for an Outstanding Specialist School near Cranleigh. You will be supporting students aged 5 to 19 with severe communication difficulties and complex learning disabilities.
This Outstanding school groups students by ability, with a personalised curriculum structured around core skills as well as life and living skills. Supporting these students can sometimes be very challenging, and you will be well supported by a fantastic, comprehensive induction programme and the ongoing support of a skilled and dedicated team. This school prides itself on the excellence of its staff and offers a variety of training courses and career progression to help you achieve your career goals.
This is a term time role (39 weeks), working 36 hours per week supporting education in the school and college. In addition, you will work 20 shifts (160 hours) over the course of a year in the registered children’s home on site over weekends and/or school holidays.
Term time hours are: Monday 08:30 to 16:00, Tuesday to Thursday 08:30 to 16:15 and Friday 08:30 to 15:45. Care hours are arranged on a rota basis. If you are unsure of or unable to commit to the care shifts, please make us aware in your application – we will still consider your suitability for this role!
You don’t need school-based experience to succeed in this role: you need resilience, empathy and the drive to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children and young adults.
Benefits of working with this school:
* A two year nationally accredited TA qualification with dedicated training
* QCF level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care/Residential Childcare qualification
* Free hot meals while on duty
* Comprehensive 5-day induction programme
* Fantastic opportunities for career progression in Education, Therapies or Care
* Employee Assistance Service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling service, 24/7)
* Local leisure centre discount on gym, swim, and classes
* Based on a beautiful 23-acre site on the edge of the Surrey Hills
Benefits of working with Masterclass:
* Dedicated and experienced consultants that specializes in SEN, that will tailor the service to your needs in order to secure your dream role
* Current, honest career and market advice
* Continuous support throughout your career journey with FREE CPD
* A wide variety of benefits such as store discounts
* Focus on your health and wellbeing
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
* Own means of transport is desirable due to semi-rural location
* Literacy and Numeracy skills, to a minimum of GCSE pass level: you will need to support the students in their learning and be able to read, understand and complete medication forms, risk assessments and students reports and records.
* Common sense: you will need to work in a team and dynamically risk assess challenging situations to keep yourself and others safe
* Communication skills: you need to be able to communicate effectively with children, families, and professionals
* Patience: you will need to remain calm when faced with anxious, emotional, or frustrated behaviours, some of which would be deemed unacceptable elsewhere.
Is this role still for you? Or have you got a few questions for us first? Get in touch with us on (phone number removed), we can’t wait to hear from you!
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that includes an Enhanced DBS check