Graduate Customer Support
5 days left
- Full Time
Octopus Energy is a tech-led energy business, bringing fairer, greener energy to everyone, and leading the transition to a future powered by renewable sources rather than dirty power. Our proprietary platform Kraken, and the power of the smart meter, lead the way to a renewable energy future by taking the peak-time strain off the National Grid and enabling a unique consumer-led opportunity to transition to a flexible smart grid. Or in other words, our tech works with smart meters to offer customers cheaper, greener power, when the wind blows and the sun shines, right now.
Our smart meter programme is the hardware backbone of that innovation. Octopus Energy Services is a sister company building a field force of engineers and support staff to install these meters. It is a crucial arm (tentacle?) of the business. We pride ourselves on delivering on the doorstep, the same outrageous customer service that has seen Octopus Energy achieve 5-star Trust Pilot ratings (with over 25,000 reviews) and the only energy company to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
The Graduate Customer Support role is a broad one, involving a spectrum of responsibilities. Your role will focus on ensuring a smoothly run Field Operations team that is able to work as effectively as possible.
The role will also utilise your analytical skills to report error patterns to relevant stake-holders and ultimately improve operational efficiency and the customer service experience.
This is an opportunity to get under the skin of what it means to operate an energy company end-to-end and gain an in-depth understanding of a dynamic industry.
- Teamwork – you’ll be part of a wider team of field support specialists, but more importantly part of a wider team of engineers. All trying to ensure we can install meters as efficiently and effectively as possible with limited inconvenience to our customers.
- Communication – you’ll have fantastic skills when communicating with others, you’ll need to get on with engineers who may be having a stressful day in the pouring rain whilst also ensuring customers receive the 5 star service that they’re used to. You’ll also need to ensure that everyone is updated if things change. You’ll be in the office communicating via text message or Slack as you are with using the phone.
- Flexibility – you must be able to think on your feet; no two days are likely to be the same and we’ll have constant challenges in the field- your problem-solving skills will be called upon.
- Empathy- engineers face challenges such as traffic and bad weather; customers with busy lives don’t want to be sat in waiting all day for an appointment- your understanding of their situations will help you make the right decisions. We’ll also have more vulnerable customers who may need additional help or advice.
- Organisation -you’ll be organising customer appointments and helping to organise engineers’ days – so you’ll need to be good with local geography or great with Google maps to give clear directions.
- Adaptable – this is a new role which will grow and move into areas that we haven’t yet imagined. It’s important that you’re up for a challenge and able to take on new tasks as the job develops.
- Successful candidates will be bubbly, outgoing and have a passion for building strong relationships with customers.
- You’ll have a strong understanding of how to provide a great customer experience.
- You’ll be a passionate team player who wants to work in a collaborative, tight knit environment.
- You’ll have a strong interest to work in a start-up environment.
- An additional benefit would be industry understanding, the energy industry is complicated and so prior energy experience would give you a great head start.
Training and Development:
This company will invest in your professional training and development! As is often the case in start-ups, driven individuals will quickly find themselves rewarded with high levels of responsibility, encouraged to influence and direct vital areas of the business.