We’re on the hunt for a talented Data Scientist to join our Data Science team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
The Data Scientist will work as part of a team of data scientists and other specialists to help deliver a portfolio of innovative services that will discover and create value from the Company’s vast array of information assets. The main focus of the role will be to work individually and with others by applying analysis techniques and tools to deliver this value. They will assist the Lead Data Scientist in identifying where data science can provide value to business areas.
The successful applicant will also work with large amounts of data from a range of sources and in a variety of structured and unstructured formats. They will apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyse and interpret data. They will help build predictive models and generate machine learning algorithms. They will propose solutions to business challenges, and collaborate with other teams to implement these solutions.
- Help to identify opportunities across the organisation where data science can add value
- Assist the Head of Data Science in defining and modelling business problems and solutions
- Help to develop data services that include deep learning, predictive analytics and machine learning
- Perform data analysis and data collection processes that effectively support these data services
- Work individually and with team members, other teams and suppliers to deliver data services
- Comply with all Group Information Security policies.
- Provide reports to internal and external Auditors as requested.
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Proven experience in data science and data analysis or similar role
- Knowledge of data structures and schemas, data preparation and cleansing
- Good understanding of statistical techniques and their application
- Knowledge of distributed data platforms, such as Hadoop / HDFS, Spark
- Knowledge of data science toolkits and languages, such as R, Python, Scala
- Good knowledge of data query languages, such SQL, HiveQL, scripting
- Analytical problem-solving aptitude with communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and statistical modelling skills
- Degree in Data Science or other quantitative field
What can we do for you?
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- A day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.