Platform Product Owner : Elekta
6 days left
- Full Time
Description - The Platform Product Owner (PPO) will work in the Platform Product Management team within the Enterprise Platform Group at Elekta to drive product specification and feature and story creation for development teams working on a new software platform designed according to service-oriented architecture principles with web UI in a container-based environment.
The Platform Product Owner will be skilled and experienced in specifying complex software solutions within a modern Digital environment, with a good understanding of distributed systems in an event-driven service architecture. The PPO will be able to define features and stories for multiple scrum teams, supporting the teams to deliver good quality solutions that meet the defined requirements. The PPO will have experience of working with versioned APIs and services built using web protocols such as REST and hosted on cloud utilities such as Docker and Kubernetes. The PPO will be a confident and supportive team member with a software engineering background and good experience and understanding of agile delivery. He or she able to work successfully with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and will participate as a thoughtful, articulate and credible advisor in general discussions on product specification.
The Enterprise Platform Group is a newly formed global function driving delivery of the Elekta Software Platform. The Platform will have its first delivery this year and then will continue to be the foundational software suite for all Elekta products. Software delivery in Elekta follows SAFE Agile practice
- Define and specify functional and non-functional requirements and specifications for components and Services and APIs within a Domain-based service-oriented software platform hosted on Containers for cloud and on-site deployment
- Ensure that requirements and specifications align with overall user needs for the Product and accommodate relevant architectural, usability, risk management and regulatory constraints
- Contribute within the Product Management team to the development and maintenance of a long-term product roadmap for the platform
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams on requirements capture, presentation and realization, documenting standards and repeatable processes to bring continuous improvement in time to market and product relevance and quality.
- Articulate and document requirements and specifications lucidly and concisely using appropriate language for multiple different target audiences
- Closely follow Product development to ensure that requirements are delivered as needed. Attend sprint demos and other agile ceremonies and liaise regularly with product development teams to validate solutions are meeting the stated needs.
- Take effective action to get solutions back on track if they are deviating too much from stated requirements, knowing when a minor adjustment is needed that can be done under your own control and when a constructive escalation is needed to get a bigger correction done.
- Liaise positively, energetically and constructively with colleagues within the Platform Team and around Elekta in order to get things done. Work across multiple stakeholders including product management. architecture, User experience, engineering, program management, test & QA, release validation teams and many others operating in the product release cycle.
- Be able to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Take personal accountability for the timeliness and quality of assigned deliverables, working on tasks as part of a team, but understanding when it is necessary to ask for help to overcome blockers
- Share skills and learnings with other team members. Assist colleagues in an open way and guide more junior team members.
- Take opportunities for training and learning to keep up to date with industry trends and standards in the healthcare industry and the wider software engineering domain
- Use personal skills and ingenuity to deliver valuable innovations which will make a difference for healthcare professionals and patients who depend on our solutions.
- To define and specify good quality software solutions in a timely manner according to agreed Product Roadmaps and stated product Roadmaps and User Needs and aligned with architectural, usability, regulatory, risk management or other constraints.
- To prepare well-defined Agile EPICs, Features and stories in collaboration with development teams, adhering to Elekta architectural directives and guidelines and industry best practice operating within a SAFe agile SDLC.
- To ensure that solutions are being delivered in accordance with defined requirements, taking positive action to flag the need for correction if things are off track and requesting help from engineering, architecture or program management teams to get alignment where necessary
- To articulate requirements and specifications in precise but easily understood language suitable for the target audience
- To work on your own initiative to keep project work on schedule and at good quality, requesting help when it is needed from team members and senior technical and management staff
- To be a positive and engaged team member, advising and collaborating with colleagues to make Elekta solutions as good as possible
- To keep skills and knowledge up to date with self-learning as well as by attending courses provided by Elekta
- Define and Specify software solutions to satisfy Customer and other User needs following Elekta and industry best practice, working in a SAFe Agile SDLC.
- Deliver product specification tasks and stories as required to deliver good user experience and high quality, safe and robust software solutions
- Participate positively and actively in the team and in the technical community at Elekta, sharing expertise and collaborating with colleagues across the business to deliver excellent products
- Follow industry developments and innovation and contribute insight and expertise to keep Elekta products up to date
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competEncies –
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, preferably for medical applications.
- Enough technical experience to understand and enhance a large-scale distributed software platform
- Good understanding and experience of API and version management and other modern software patterns
- Highly articulate with excellent skills in writing technical requirements and specifications in English
- Experience of working with Agile delivery processes and a good understanding of SAFe agile practices
- Excellent understanding and experience of the overall SDLC for application development
- Experience of working in a strongly regulated industry – preferably healthcare
- Very strong technical communication skills, and proven ability to influence others with articulation and insight
We are looking for strong team members who are motivated to apply their skills to delivering valuable innovations that will make a difference for healthcare professionals and patients who depend on our solutions