Residential Support Worker
7 days left
- Full Time
Can you build positive relationships and provide outstanding outcomes for young people with social and emotional difficulties?
Are you able to be flexible with your working hours, including evenings, weekends, and overnights?
If you tick these boxes, we’d love to have a chat!
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Residential Support Worker to join a specialist residential care home for young males. The care home is set across four rural locations just outside of Horsham, so your own transport is essential. You will need to be willing to engage the young people in a wide range of activities and support them through their time with the care home, guiding them towards independence and adulthood. You will be working with young males aged 13-18 years, who have been subject to various levels of trauma. You will be incredibly well supported by staff and management, with continuous professional development which includes ongoing training, regular supervision, and the support of group consultations. You will need to be aged 25 and over to be considered for this role. You will be rostered 5 shifts per week, including early, late and weekend shifts. You will also complete one sleep-in shift per week. This is a full-time position, salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Benefits of working with this home:
* Highly supported ongoing training and CPD programs
* Great opportunities to work 1:1 with young people
* Free on-site parking and accommodation (when required)
* Enhanced shift pay
* Great opportunities for career progression
* Strong management and support structure
* Warm and nurturing environment for staff and students
Benefits of working with Masterclass:
* Dedicated and experienced consultants that specialise with SEN and SEMH, that will tailor the service to your needs to secure your dream role
* Current, honest career and market advice
* Continuous support throughout your career journey with FREE CPD
* Flexible working hours
* A wide variety of benefits such as store discounts
* Focus on your health and wellbeing
Your responsibilities will include:
* Providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for young people placed in the home
* To give support to other staff in the home
* To follow the daily routine in the home
* To respect the confidentiality of information received at all times
* To attend and participate in staff meetings, planning and development days and CPD training.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
* Full NVQ Diploma level 3 or above in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce/Health and Social Care/relevant childcare qualification
* Strong knowledge and understanding of the importance of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
* Knowledge of the National Minimum Standards for the welfare of children
* Knowledge of health and safety in a residential home setting
* Knowledge of safe practice and training in physical intervention
* Knowledge of child development
If you feel that you could use your skills to create a caring and stimulating environment, building strong, positive relationships and empowering young people, then we want to hear from you.
Send over your CV today, or get in touch with one of our expert consultants on (phone number removed)
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that includes an Enhanced DBS check