- Full Time
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- 5,000 full and part time staff, with over 4,000 people registered on our bank
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 9,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- BAME, Disability, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief Staff Networks
- Disability Confident Employer - Level 2
We are looking for a full time enthusiastic and experienced Administrator who enjoys working in challenging teams to join the Children's Sexual Assault Referral Centre (CSARC) working within Brighton and Hove. You will be working as part of a supportive multidisciplinary team made up of doctors, specialist nurses and administrative staff. You will also provide support to the Children in Care and Safeguarding teams when required.
The CSARC team provide a service to children who have experienced sexual assault. You will be responsible for providing administrative support to all team members in a busy and sometimes challenging environment. This includes using computerised information systems, SystmOne and word processing, and taking telephone referrals to the service.
The post involves handling patient information about safeguarding children and you will manage sensitive and at times distressing information. You will be supported within the team but must also demonstrate emotional resilience.
The successful candidate will need:
- Two years of previous administrative/clerical experience, including at least one year in a health or social care environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A clear understanding of procedures in relation to data protection/confidentiality
- Highly developed organisational/time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy for all administrative tasks
- Good team working skills, with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the team
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
This post may close earlier than the published closing date if sufficient applications are received.
Correspondence relating to this vacancy will be conducted electronically. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis. References will be requested electronically also; please ensure you provide correct contact details for referees.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
- CSARC Job description ( PDF , 160.6 KB )
- CSARC Person Specification ( PDF , 181.5 KB )
- KSF ( PDF , 59.8 KB )
- About Us ( PDF , 743.4 KB )