The Best Connection Group are one of the largest suppliers of staff in the UK with over 90 branches nationwide. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Yard Operative to join the team of our large and well established building supplies client based in Horsham.
NOTE: Due to location of site, candidate MUST have their own transport
NOTE: Position will include working outdoors whatever the weather
Duties of the Yard Operative include:
- Attend to customers ensuring that their orders are loaded onto the vehicles
- Loading and unloading company vehicles
- Preparing materials for delivery in designated loading bays
- Check the quality and quantity of goods being delivered into the yard
- Report shortages and damages to office staff before signing for goods
Put deliveries away in correct area
Keep the yard and warehouse clean and tidy throughout the working day
Stock labelling and presentation of goods
Report and stock breakages or damages to office staff
Check condition and fluid levels on forklifts and loaders on a daily basis
Any other reasonable management request
Requirements of the Yard Operative:
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of general building, hardware, timber products and their application.
- Able to deal with customer queries and complaints in a polite and courteous manner.
- Experience of warehouse work.
- Well organised with a methodical way of working.
- Able to take the initiative regarding levels of stock and breakages.
- Detail conscious.
- Able to manually lift and carry loads.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Works neatly, tidily and safely
- Counterbalance forklift licence desirable
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday 7.30am-5pm including an hour lunch. Also working alternative Saturdays 8am-12pm. Starting salary is 19,000-21,000 depending on experience
If this sounds like the job to kickstart your career, click APPLY NOW and don't miss out on this brand new and exciting opportunity!