Literacy Intervention Lead vacancy
2 days left
- Full Time
LITERACY INTERVENTIONS LEAD LSA
Grade 6 Point 9 £20,903 pro rata (approx. £15,182)
32.5 hours per week, term time only
Permanent Post To start ASAP Includes daily 30 minutes unpaid lunch break
We can offer you:
- A strong and successful team.
- The ability to take a lead with students with Literacy & Communication difficulties, and English as an Additional Language.
- A school that has a specialist support centre for students with physical and sensory needs.
- Development of your skills through our CPD plans.
- Close to main line railway services and good trunk road access.
We are looking for:
- An experienced, enthusiastic, proactive and resourceful person who is committed to securing high standards for all young people.
- A person able to plan and lead group work and 1:1 intervention sessions for students with literacy or EAL needs.
- Someone with good communication and organisational skills that will include dealing with parents, outside agencies and the students.
- Someone who will provide inspiration and support to the LSA team working around you?
- Someone who has a good level of literacy, including English GCSE at Grade C/4 or above.
- An individual who has an understanding of the barriers to learning including dyslexia and speech and language difficulties.
- Someone with endless supplies of patience and the confidence to work with secondary students from KS3 to KS5.
The successful candidate will work under the SEN Code of Practice to improve outcomes for young people with barriers to learning:
- Complete initial assessments of SEN and EAL students prior to intervention.
- Plan and implement support and interventions for students.
- Maintain relevant records ensuring that literacy & EAL provisions are centrally recorded on appropriate systems (training will be given)
- As required, liaise with key stakeholders with regard to the SEN and EAL students who have interventions.
- Assist with the reviewing and setting targets on the Learning Plans.
- Review and update provision as required centrally.
- Complete timely assessments of SEN and EAL students at the end of intervention or at key data points.
- Complete an impact evaluation of each strand of intervention.
Visits to the school prior to applications can be arranged – please contact Sarah Hemsley at email@example.com or on 01903 772351 to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: 18 December 2020 at 12 noon – Interviews from the 14th December onwards.