Technical Administrator : Volution Ventilation UK
Volution Ventilation are looking for a Technical Administrator to join their Crawley team.
The main purpose of this role is to insure the correct Engineering Change process is followed, supporting In Market Product (IMP) maintenance and changes, Technical file management, and correct release and filing of design files.
- To always work in a safe manner without putting themselves, colleagues or members of the public at risk.
- To support the Design Engineers to complete our ECO (Engineering Change Order) process
- To maintain the Groups Product Technical Files to insure our CE/UKCA regulatory requirements are continually met.
- To support completion of any IMP (In market product) changes, which may include minor design changes, re-branding, or regulatory changes. This will include use of our 3D CAD software, Autodesk Inventor
- To create and maintain product BoMs on our MRP system (Epicor10)
- To work closely with the design engineers, project managers and other Technical administrators to support any NPD and IMP work required
- To work closely with other department members such as Procurement , Planning and Production to insure smooth and correct NPI (New Product Introduction) or IMP changes is achieved
- To review engineering drawings before final release to insure the correct release processes have been followed.
- To work with suppliers (if necessary) to co-ordinate engineering changes or new designs
- To become a key member within the Technical team
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Group Technical Manager or Senior Technical Administrator.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in a Technical Design environment and the Engineering Change, Drawing Management processes and Data Management systems that are used in them.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Familiar with CAD software, Ideally Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks.
- Familiar with engineering drawing standards: BS8888 would be beneficial.
- Familiar with the CE Approvals process at an overview level.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Qualified to HND level or higher in a relevant discipline would be beneficial. Training will be given if required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
We are a covid safe employer
- Seniority Level
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
- How many years of work experience do you have using SOLIDWORKS?
Ideal Answer: Minimum: 1
- We must fill this position urgently. Can you start immediately?
Ideal Answer: Yes
- How many years of work experience do you have using Microsoft Excel?
Ideal Answer: Minimum: 1