Senior Underwriting & Assurance Analyst
4 days left
- Full Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Underwriting & Assurance Analyst to join our Underwriting and Assurance team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
The Underwriting and Assurance Team are tasked with using analytics and insight to drive the ongoing optimization of the FCG underwriting footprint, and the monitoring of underwriting and pricing performance, to support the delivery of profit and volume targets for the business.
The Senior Underwriting and Assurance Analyst is expected to lead and contribute to various projects pertaining to these areas, pro-actively seeking ways to improve existing processes in the Pricing & Underwriting Department, to support, mentor, and manage a team of more junior analysts within the team ensuring delivery to targets, as well as aiding with recruitment, development, training and sharing of best practice across the team and wider department.
- Use analytical and statistical techniques/models to support the iterative optimisation of the Underwriting Footprint
- Develop and maintain analytical tools, reporting suites, and appropriate feedback/action loops, to enable the efficient and accurate operation of Underwriting Performance Monitoring and Assurance activities
- Deliver and support analysis to derive the assumptions and inputs for expenses, profit and capital into pricing models and production systems
- Support the internal monitoring of the Reinsurance Programme and contribute to the modelling and assessment of future Reinsurance Programme
- Support the Head of Underwriting & Assurance in the overall business planning and forecasting process
- Contribute to ongoing analysis of competitor UW footprints and other market developments
- Be a conduit for change and improvement within the Pricing and UW area
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Strong experience working in a relevant pricing, commercial, or underwriting role preferably within the personal lines motor insurance industry
- Minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
- Analytical programming language experience, such as SAS, Python and R
- Experience in building predictive models using applications such as Emblem, Radar (ML) and Python/R
- Broad knowledge of statistical methods and analytical
- Experience with TW Radar essential
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Strong IT skills (including Excel and ideally programming skills)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- People and project management skills
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability and a quick learner
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- A day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Interested? Apply today and take the next step in finding your dream job.
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews for yourself!
More searches like this
- Business Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Finance Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Corporate Finance Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Financial Services Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Insurance Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath