The Digital Workplace Team at American Express is entering into a new phase of technology transformation driven by opportunities to improve Colleague experience, raise productivity and collaboration, and drive operational efficiency of all service and infrastructure operations.
If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, with hands on experience and critical thinking, in areas of productivity and collaboration software suites, endpoint computing and security, mobile platforms, data management and analytics, and software engineering, join our architecture team to help with our transformation journey!
This individual will architect strategies and approaches for Digital workplace technologies including Mobile platforms, endpoints running Windows, MAC OS X, data platforms for analytics and machine learning, Digital experience management, reliability engineering and automation tools.
Don't miss this great opportunity to be the key lead of the Architecture center of excellence within the Digital workplace team - a team that brings together the product leads and infrastructure engineers from across the organization to define strategic product and technology road-maps, architecture guidelines and frameworks, and integrated technology decisions.
Make your mark on technology and life at American Express!
- Develop enterprise architecture and technology roadmap for the Digital workplace portfolio of platforms and technologies.
- Actively participate in team and organization-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Perform rapid POCs to experiment and build rails for the engineering / product teams
- Support engineers and project managers in rapid development and deployment
- Introduce enterprise architectural paradigms and solutions into the portfolio.
- Communicate to senior leaders regarding strategy direction and changes.
- Mentor engineers and solution architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement solutions expeditiously with high quality.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and use of Enterprise architecture frameworks like TOGAF or Zachman
- Significant proven hands-on experience in Java, Python, or other modern language and experience with full stack development.
- Skills and expertise in cloud computing, system architecture, and enterprise solutions.
- Hands on admin experience with Microsoft O365, Webex and Slack, End user computing technologies and Operating systems, and Mobile.
- Proven understanding of key cyber security concepts and frameworks especially regarding end-user computing, mobility and SaaS services.
- Experience with data sourcing, enterprise data management, and modeling / machine learning.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; or equivalent work experience, Advanced Degree preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.