Clinical Lead - Physiotherapy
- Part Time
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- 5,000 full and part time staff, with over 4,000 people registered on our bank
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 9,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- BAME, Disability, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief Staff Networks
- Disability Confident Employer - Level 2
The Community Therapy Hub operates a seven day service. We provide:
- A rapid response to people in the community who are experiencing acute episodes of ill-health
- A supported discharge service to facilitate timely hospital discharges
- Short term support for people who require assistance with activities of daily living
- A rehabilitation service, including a range of therapies
- Community rehab for people with long term conditions and frailty
We are looking for a Band 7 Clinical Lead Physiotherapist to join our team in the Brighton and Hove area.
The successful applicant will deliver complex clinical care to patients in the community. You will be required to have excellent widespread knowledge of a variety of conditions, including frailty and stroke.
You will support colleagues with mentoring, coaching and teaching. The emphasis will be on providing clinical leadership in order to meet Trust targets aimed at facilitating hospital discharge, preventing avoidable hospital admissions, developing contingency plans, promoting independence, and implementing a culture of rehabilitation across community services.
You will also provide specialist support to therapy colleagues and work closely with the other clinical and operational leads for therapy services and members of the wider multidisciplinary team, ensuring seamless care for patients in and out of hospital.
We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, a demonstrable dedication to personal development, and a commitment to providing high quality care to a range of patients with differing needs.
You will be required to travel between bases across Brighton and Hove area, to meet the clinical and supervisory requirements of the post. You must be a car driver, with access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Willingness and ability to take part in weekend working is required.
As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to:
- Receive support from other nursing/therapy colleagues, including Clinical Leads in therapy and nursing
- Attend the annual SCFT Leadership conference day
- Participate and assist in the implementation of the Calderdale Framework
- Participate in supervision and personal development reviews
- Supervise and support development of other staff outside of your professional group
- Develop leadership skills through formal and supported training
- Assist in shaping future clinical practice of the Community Therapy Hub
This post may close earlier than the published closing date if sufficient applications are received.
Correspondence relating to this vacancy will be conducted electronically. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis. References will be requested electronically also; please ensure you provide correct contact details for referees.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
- Job Description & Person Spec ( PDF , 540.0 KB )
- Person Specification Band 7 ( PDF , 303.3 KB )
- About Us ( PDF , 743.4 KB )