Commercial Property Maintenance Operative Apprentice
- Working week: Monday - Friday (Shifts to be confirmed), 40 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £250.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 09 Mar 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so the apprenticeship may begin before the closing date.
Some of the key tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as fascia’s, fire exits, guttering etc.
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example lasers, screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, crosscut saws, grinders and a variety other tools used in carpentry and construction.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to complete a physical job standing up and working for long periods of time
- The ability to follow and listen to instructions
- The ability to liaise with customers politely when required
- A flexible attitude
- Dedication to the apprenticeship.
There are no essential qualifications for the role however the successful apprentice will have to undertake an initial assessment in maths and English to ensure that they are at a high enough level to complete the apprenticeship.
Should your apprenticeship go well you may be offered a full-time job at the end of the apprenticeship. Some of our successful apprentices still work for the company 12-years on.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend college one day per week, term time only at the Ore Valley Campus. The Ore Valley Campus is a couple of minutes’ walk away from the train station. There is also a car park should you have your own transport. The rest of the time you will be working with the employer.
About the employer
Sovereign Commercial Installations Ltd
Sovereign Commercial Installations Ltd are a commercial refurbishment and construction specialist company. A typical day to day job role would be based refurbishing an office, warehouse, pharmaceutical lab or factory.
Our team of skilled craftsmen include partition and ceiling installers, carpenters and joiners, decorators, electrical and plumbing, glaziers, steel fabricators, carpet and vinyl installers, specialist trades (electrical and plumbing. etc.) You will have the opportunity to learn from several different craftsmen.
Commercial House Unit 13
Westham Business Park
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
20% of your contracted working hours will be spent on training. This will largely be covered by coming into college one day per week, but you will also undertake training in the workplace.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.