Cellar Door Supervisor
Are you a wine expert with a desire to engage with customers in a knowledgeable and passionate way? We have an exciting new position available in our Retail team for someone who is able to take control of our Retail offering at Ridgeview.
We are an international award winning, family ran winery, based near Ditching in Sussex. We are focussed on producing the highest quality, minimal intervention, traditional method sparkling wine. We have won many accolades over the years including IWSC 2018 International Winemaker of the Year.
At Ridgeview, our internal values mean to lot to us and we seek out people who look to embody them. As a team we strive for quality and excellence, respecting people along the way, developing talent and building trusting relationships. We aim to be pioneering, to make great things happen and with our passionate team, who take pride in everything they do, we also like to celebrate success.
Our international award-winning sparkling wine is sold through multiple channels including restaurants, independent resellers, supermarkets and direct to the consumer via our cellar door and website. We are looking for a dynamic team player to help drive our digital communications and strategy to the next level.
The Cellar Door Supervisor reports to the Retail & Events Manager and is responsible for the management of the Cellar Door team (including Retail Assistants) . The key requirements of this role are to take responsibility for delivering an outstanding guest experience from beginning to end, deliver against company and departmental objectives and sales strategies and maintain operational standards.
Keys requirements for a successful applicant:
- 2+ years in a relevant customer service role
- Experience of leading a team of 3+ people
- WSET level 2 ( essential ) WSET Level 3 (desirable) or equivalent
- Warm, welcoming and engaging, with exceptional people skills and a focus on excellent customer service
- Commercially astute and target driven with a good gasp on financial controls
- A genuine passion for wine, particularly the English Wine Industry, and an understanding of marketing & promotion
- Able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, gaining trust and respect
- Self-motivated and able to work within a team and independently.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Food Safety experience/qualification
- Able to be a credible and charismatic Brand Ambassador, aligned with the Ridgeview values: have talent, passion, be nurturing, and striving for excellence in all that you do.
What we will give you:
- The opportunity to work alongside stunning location as part of a pioneering, proactive and friendly team
- Opportunities for your own continuous development with a focus on being the best you want to be
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Staff discounts on wine
How to Apply
A detailed job description is available on our website. www.ridgeview.co.uk/jobs. The deadline for applications is 14th March 2021 however we reserve the right to close to new applicants before this date so early application is advised.
Please note, as a well-respected local employer, we generally receive a significant number of applicants for any roles that we advertise. It is therefore critical that you, clearly and succinctly, demonstrate how your experience matches what we ask for. Therefore to apply, please send a CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com You must also state in the email title which role you are applying for. Whilst we are very grateful for all applications, the volumes of applicants sometimes make it difficult to respond individually therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of your application, it is likely that you have not been short listed.
Direct applicants only.