Business Administration Apprentice
- Working week: Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week
- Wages: Minimum wage for age
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period and as soon as the successful applicant has been found then the apprenticeship will start, anytime from April 2021 on wards.
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
Are you a keen organiser who thrives in a busy environment?
The role of Apprentice Administrator is key to the success of our vision of ‘feedback and communication’ and will support this by ensuring all candidates receive a response to their enquiry.
The role of Apprentice Administrator will report to our Senior Administrator and Director of Recruitment and you will be the go-to support for the team and be on hand to tackle an array of admin tasks.
You must be an excellent communicator, have strong prioritisation skills as well as initiative and the tenacity to come up with ways of working smarter not harder!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company in a fantastic industry that offers a great working culture.
The role will be based at our Eastbourne HQ and the candidate needs to be able to commute to this location on a daily basis. Some flexible homeworking will be available subject to passing employment probation and for study.
We believe in doing things differently to benefit our clients and candidates. As a company, we are progressive and dynamic in our approach to our industry’s needs.
Our vision is to be recognised as the leading agency for right-first-time placements and for consistent communication to both clients and candidates.
- Process and reply to client and candidate enquiries in a timely manner
- Client contact via email and phone
- Data entry using excel and the Bullhorn candidate and client database
- Assisting with the recruitment process by supporting recruitment team
- Liaising with Senior Administrator to assist with additional task
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Effective oral and written communication skills, great customer service
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills and knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Being able to time manage and use your own initiative
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Good attention to detail and accuracy to all aspects of work
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong team-working abilities
- Ability to work independently where required
- Ability to take direction and learn from Senior team
- Desire to learn and grow within an expanding company
- Ability to juggle workload and studies during the working week
- Excellent telephone manner.
- The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades 4/C or above (or equivalent) are desirable however any candidates wishing to apply that do not have these qualifications will be able to do Level 2 Functional Skills in these subjects.
- Based upon performance during the apprenticeship there may be a full time position available at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- The job role initially will be based at home, until lock down restrictions ease. The successful applicant will be given a laptop
- Training may be given at the Manager's home until the office reopens again
- A driving licence is beneficial in order to get to the workplace, as well as potential work from another office in Eastbourne and at the manager's home
- 28 days annual leave – 5 days sick pay.
- There are possible additional training courses that can be taken from those that we offer as a company.
- We always have tea and coffee and a positive and happy working environment within a progressive and rapidly developing company.
- The salary will be reviewed after a year.
About the employer
The Crew Hunter is a recruitment company specialising in finding and selecting candidates for clients in the Super Yacht and Private Household sectors.
Established in 2013, The Crew Hunter is headquartered in the Eastbourne, Sussex area with a presence in Palma, Italy, and South Africa.
Trinity House, School Hill, Lewes, BN7 2NN
There will also be work at the Eastbourne office, home working and at the manager's home.
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard Business Administrator.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have edibility to work in the UK.
Please send covering letter stating why you are looking to complete an apprenticeship in Administration and how you feel you would enhance the team along with your CV to Katie.email@example.com .