- Working week: Monday-Friday between 7.30 to 4.00pm, 40 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 24 May 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
You would be working with a highly skilled tradesman who would be teaching you all the aspects to become a fully skilled welder fabricator
You would be trained in all the welding processes, trained to use all the company machinery, and mentored on your journey to become fully skilled.
- All our works are bespoke so every project is different to the next one so there is such a variety of learning
- Welding fabricators cut, join and shape metal and other materials, using heat and a range of tools
- Required on construction projects of all sizes
Requirements and prospects
- Good Time keeping skills
- A good work ethic
- An aptitude to learning and being taught new skills
- GCSE or equivalent results A-C 9/4 are desirable
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full-time position within the company is possible.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW):
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
About the employer
Iron Designs Ltd
We are an architectural metalworker with currently 32 staff, we manufacture and install all types of bespoke metalworks in either mild steel, stainless steel or aluminium, comprising of staircase, balconies, gates, railings, glass canopies, the list is endless
8 Church Road
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Engineering Operative
- East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship standard which will include the Diploma and Functional Skills if required
- East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
Apprenticeship standard: Engineering Operative.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.