Adventure Company - Office Manager
Office Manager (Full-Time) - Job Description
Formed in 2005 we have a long-standing reputation as a specialist outdoor adventure company; teaching rock climbing, kayaking, mountaineering and more. We have a huge range of courses and adventures and cater for a wide range of clients from individuals to groups, charities, corporate clients, stag/hen parties and youth groups.
We are passionate about what we do and our high standards! We’re looking for someone with the same mind-set as us, someone with an active passion for the outdoors (ideally a climber or kayaker), a lover of extreme sports and oodles of enthusiasm and experience to join the team and help us become even better. This is a lifestyle and not just a job! If this sounds like you then read on…
Full-time office manager to work in our small central Brighton office. You’ll be joining a small team (the company director and operations manager) but you will often be required to work on your own when they are away from the office running courses.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the business dealing with customer enquiries, bookings and running our on-line shop. It is essential that you have excellent administration and communication skills as you will also be building relationships with our charity, corporate and youth group clients.
Working within a small team you will need to be multi-skilled, adaptable and able to turn you hand to assist with all aspects of the business.
The role is fun yet demanding, and you will be managing your time, working to multiple deadlines to ensure our clients have the best experience right from the start. You will also be given the opportunity to take ownership of various projects so a creative mind is also a distinct advantage.
You must have a passion for the outdoor environment and our green ethos.
- Excellent office administration and management skills.
- Skilled in computers (ideally Apple Mac experience) / internet / emails / word / excel.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with customers / corporate clients / booking agents / complaints (not that we get many of these).
- Skilled in dealing with customers / charities / corporate clients / booking agents.
- Supporting the Director and Operation Manager administratively.
- Coordinating / rotas staff and instructors.
- Writing our monthly newsletters.
- Assist with marketing courses / events.
- Assisting with social media campaigns.
- Assist with the development of new areas of the business; charity events / corporate events / trips away / schools groups / overseas trips.
- Be an active rock climber or kayaker (being an outdoor enthusiast is a must!)
- Marketing experience.
- Experience maintaining social media platforms and engaging with the public.
- A background in retail (ideally experience with on-line shopping platforms).
- Creative writing (newsletters / blogs / web content).
What We Offer
We offer you the chance to become involved in this dynamic and expanding company. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and who wants to progress the business as we have many great plans for the future!
Training / Courses
You will be able to attend all of our courses free of charge or at cost price this includes rock climbing, abseiling, kayaking, navigation, mountaineering, and even in to the instructing side of things should your ability suit this. We will also help with any third party job specific training where relevant to your work.
£20-25,000 per annum depending on previous experience. Pay is reviewed yearly depending on performance and growth of the business.
40hrs per week, typically 9-6pm Mon-Fri, however some weekend work may be required. You will also be expected to act as ‘duty manager’ (an emergency contact over the weekend) where the Operations Manager is unable to fill this role.
23rd April 2021
Commencing the week of the 15th of April.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: email@example.com