Gift Management Assistant
International Animal Rescue
Gift Management Assistant
Title: Gift Management Assistant
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex
for applications: 11th April 2021
Be part of Team Rescue and come and work with a small dynamic team dedicated to rescuing animals from cruelty and suffering around the world.
International Animal Rescue (IAR) is committed to animal welfare and conservation and we do exactly what our name says: we save animals from suffering around the world. We cut free dancing bears in India, rescue orangutans in Indonesia and treat stray dogs and cats around the world - and so much more. Whenever we can, we release rescued animals back into the wild; and when that's not possible, we give them a safe haven for life.
IAR is vibrant in the market place and our supporters are the life blood of what we do. We are looking for a very enthusiastic individual who is inspired and motivated by the work of IAR, who will help us to maintain the integrity of our regular donor collections but we also envision that this role will develop into controlling all our offline/postal gifts. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who can support IAR’s small but growing Finance team. This is a role that will suit somebody who has fantastic numerical skills and an aptitude for problem solving and who is passionate about animal welfare and conservation. This role will also involve direct contact with our donors. We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
Application process: email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Gift Management Assistant as the email subject.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
This role sits within the finance function and is responsible for the safe, accurate and timely processing of donations from International Animal Rescue’s amazing supporters.
This will include:
- Processing of donations that are mailed to International Animal Rescue
- Managing the fulfilment process from start to finish
- Ensure that data is captured accurately at source (on and off line)
- Provide basic reporting and analysis
- Ensure that financial (banking) records are consistent with our supporter records (supporter database)
- Liaise with supporters regarding queries, payment issues and other supporter care.
- Provide input to improvements and development of processes
- Assist with fulfilment of supporter orders
- Support the team with other financial, administrative and operational duties.
Abilities & Competencies:
- Driven to provide the very best supporter experience
- Passionate about the work of IAR
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with our supporters
- Good time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numerically proficient
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Able to work well as part of a team
- IT literate, good administrative skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Confident with cash management
- Handling and processing transactions (essential)
- Intermediate Excel skills (essential)
- Experience with Raisers Edge (Supporter Relationship Database) (beneficial)
- Experience working in a Finance Function (beneficial)
- Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team
- Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for IAR as and when required
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Commitment to animal welfare and conservation
Education and Training:
- Minimum Maths and English GCSE