Business Administration Apprentice
- Working week: Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.30pm, with one hour unpaid lunch.
- Total hours per week: 37.5
- Monthly wage: £833.33
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 27 May 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The purpose of the role is to create insurance solutions which provide people with the confidence to achieve their dreams. The majority of the duties will be office based, but as you grow in confidence and ability, we’ll let you out to see clients, visit Lloyds of London and our Underwriters.
Previous apprentices have represented the company at the prestigious Insurance Times awards held at the O2 where we have been a finalist three times.
The key tasks will include:
- Learning about Insurance and how it helps people and businesses
- Helping clients understand their insurance needs
- Talking to Insurers, presenting risks, explaining problems and creating solutions
- Preparing quotes and writing to clients
- Placing cover and collecting premiums
- Helping clients with their ongoing enquiries, including when they need to make a claim
- Negotiating with Underwriters and others
- Using multiple IT programmes such as Outlook and Word
- Communicating with clients and colleagues via email, face to face and over the phone
- Completing tasks and managing priorities
- Learning about the organisation
- Maintaining records and files
- Filing and general office admin
Your apprenticeship salary will be reviewed every three months. By the end of your apprenticeship successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year.
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period.
Requirements and prospects
Our ideal team member will be:
- A good listener
- A great communicator - written and spoken
- Organised and interested in detail
- Sociable - loves helping others
- Able to demonstrate basic computer skills (word, email, Internet)
- Numerate and can calculate percentages
Attitude is the most important thing to us - we are looking for cheerful people who share our core
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be prepared to take part in life and enjoy getting up each day
- Enjoy a challenge, work hard and have fun
- Care about other people - take an interest in other people and what they do
- Want to study and progress, learn and develop
- The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in maths and English
We want to work with people who want a career in a great profession. We have a track record of offering permanent positions to apprentices who impress us, and our people go on to achieve incredible things. During your apprenticeship, and in addition to your diploma, we will support you in obtaining the Chartered Insurance Institute qualification - Foundation in Insurance.
If we offer you a permanent job, we will provide training and support in your second year which will enable you to obtain the Certificate in Insurance. We also provide support for employees who want to progress further and take the Diploma and Advanced Diploma.
Things to consider
We will increase your salary as your knowledge grows - we review apprentices’ salaries every three months. Successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year by the time they complete their apprenticeship.
When you’ve been with us for three months, we will offer you flexitime. You’ll be able to flex your work around our core hours to suit your lifestyle. You could also earn an extra 13 days holiday a year.
There is a cash plan scheme from day one to pay towards optical and dental treatment and a pension after 6 months.
A full DBS check will be undertaken before you begin the role. We will also need a personal credit check and a sanctions search.
About the employer
Affinity Select Insurance Services Ltd
We are a Commercial Insurance Broker, specialising in Professional Indemnity and Building Project Insurance for small and medium sized enterprises. The business was started in the owner's bedroom 19 years ago and is now turning over £5.6 million per year. Amazing things happen because of the work that we do. We provide the financial foundations on which people build their dreams. From grand designs to incredible journeys we empower the peace of mind that enables great things to happen.
Our core values are to work hard but we also have fun and look after each other as a team.
We are always willing to teach others so that we continue to learn.
1 Horsted Square
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.