- Working week: Various days between Monday-Saturday, 8.30am-5pm. Shifts will be confirmed on appointment.
- Total hours per week: 38.00
- Weekly wage: £163.40
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 27 May 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
Some of the main tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Undertake consultations
- Shampoo, condition and treat hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Tidy up the salon (sweeping hair and cleaning)
- Make refreshments for customers
- Attend college once every other week as part of your day release programme.
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so the apprenticeship could start before the closing date. Day release to college will begin in September 2021.
Requirements and prospects
- Have a commitment to quality, a positive attitude and team working
- Being able to communicate with a wide range of people
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- A passion to work in the hairdressing industry
- Work under pressure
- Observe time management and self-management
- Show a willingness to learn
- Organisational skills.
Qualifications in maths and English are not essential but if you do not have a Level 2 qualification in maths and English you will be required to study Functional Skills during your day every other week in college.
At the end of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to progress onto Level 3 or a full time job role with the organisation.
Things to consider
One day every other week you will attend East Sussex College at the Eastbourne Campus. There are train and bus connections.
About the employer
Strands of Meads Street
Strands of Meads Street has been well established for over a decade. We are situated within a Victorian village in the heart of Meads. We are a modern salon with a hard earned reputation of being polished, professional, fashionable and friendly with a high level of customer care.
7 Meads Street
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
20% of your contracted working hours will specifically be spent on training. Training will consist of attending college, one day every other week, as well as training in the workplace where you will shadow other stylists and be mentored.
Apprenticeship standard: Hair Professional
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.