Business Administration Apprentice
- Working week: 30 Hours a week. There is some flexibility in the working pattern, but you would be expected to attend occasional out of hours events.
- Weekly wage: £196.80
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The role will include:
- Office Administration – Answering telephone and email enquiries, assisting with correspondence and ordering supplies.
- Fundraising - Assisting with marketing campaigns, database marketing, preparing for events and attending events, such as the Trust’s Masquerade Ball or UK-wide car rally.
- Finance - Assisting with bank reconciliations and purchase ledger work.
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Communication skills, including a good standard of written English.
- A team player, capable of taking responsibility and using initiative.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C, or 4 and above, or equivalent.
The Trust is a growing organisation and we always aim to retain good quality staff. We would wish to be able to offer any capable Apprentice a permanent role on completion, where possible.
A footing in the charity sector could potentially open up doors to work with many other causes including international development, animals and human rights. Roles can vary from service delivery to staging overseas treks and challenges.
Things to consider
Candidates will need to be able to get to the Trust’s offices on Uckfield High Street each working day where parking is available if travelling by car.
The Trust is a growing organisation at an exciting phase of its development. We have a flexible and supportive approach to our staff with a great team spirit and a genuine passion for what we do.
You will receive 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays and overtime can be taken back as time in lieu. Meals will be provided when working on events and you can have as many free lattes and cappuccinos as you can handle when working in the office.
About the employer
Children's Respite Trust
The Children’s Respite Trust is a charity that truly believes no family should be left to care for a disabled child alone and so we provide respite, both at our Respite Centre in Uckfield, Sussex and through community care across East Sussex and Kent.
140 High Street
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration (optional)
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
This apprenticeship with be based completely in the workplace. Instead of attending college you with have one-to-one meetings with your assessor. College attendance will only be required should you need to complete Functional Skills exams.
Apprenticeship standard: Business Administrator.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.