- Working week: You will work 30 hours per week between 8.00am and 8.00pm and alternate weekends.
- Weekly wage: £150.00 - £250.00
- Expected duration: 13 months
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
To provide a variety of non-medical services that allow clients to remain in their own homes and to enhance the quality of their life. To help clients and their families meet the challenges of ageing with dignity, pride, care and compassion.
• Reflect the core values of Home Instead franchise
• Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
• Document daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
• Maintain regular communication with line manager and office staff
Companionship Services which could include, but are not limited to:
• Offer companionship and conversation
• Monitor diet and eating
• Stimulate and encourage through a variety of activities (for example clothing selection, hobbies and crafts)
• Arrange and provide reminders for appointments, activities and outings
• Help with travel arrangements
• Organise mail and write letters
• Assist with walking (lending an arm to steady)
• Accompany to appointments and social events (for example visiting friends or family, lunch, club meetings)
Home Help Services which could include, but are not limited to:
• Run errands / collect prescriptions etc
• Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, washing and ironing, taking out rubbish, caring for houseplants etc.)
• Organise and tidy cupboards and check food expiry dates
• Plan prepare and tidy away meals
• Answer the door
• Assist with pet care
• Supervise home maintenance
• Help with shopping and oversee home deliveries
Personal Care Services which could include, but are not limited to:
• Provide medication reminders
• Help with bathing, dressing and grooming
• Help with continence care
• Assist to eat and drink
• Provide Dementia / Alzheimer care
• Provide respite / convalescence care
• Assist with morning/wake up and or evening/tuck in
• Participate in company sponsored training and social events including CAREGiver meetings
• Report hours according to office policy & communicate changes in availability in a timely manner
• Participate in PEAQ engagement Survey
• Document client information in Client and Life Journal
• May require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
Requirements and prospects
You will need to be able to:
- Write in clear and straightforward English
- Be willing and enthusiastic about learning
- Take instructions and carry them out precisely
- Be well organised
- Have good attention to detail
- Be able to listen and understand with patience
- Have an understanding about meal preparation
- Be physically able to work in this role
We are looking for somebody who has the following qualities:
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build relationships with clients and their families in a friendly and pleasant manner
- Willingness to work and communicate professionally with Home Instead office teams and other social and health care professionals
- Respect for people with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own and who may have a range of medical conditions. Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice.
- Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
- Excellent time keeper and who is organised and reliable
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and make common sense decisions at short notice
- Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and a smart appearance
- This role will require you to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure from the relevant body
- Class 1 business insurance (if using own car for business purposes)
There are no specific qualifications required for this role however if you have studied English and maths to GCSE level it would be an advantage.
It is anticipated that on successful completion of the apprenticeship the apprentice will remain with the company.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of domiciliary care and the semi-rural locations of our clients and office the candidate would need their own transport/access to their own vehicle.
About the employer
STAY INDEPENDENT AT HOME LTD
Home Instead deliver qualify care to older people living in their own homes. they offer a personalised approach to care in the home, with experienced caregivers pursuing the company vision of friendliness and professionalism.
Many clients choose Home Instead because of the companionship-based care it provides where much effort is given towards matching the right caregiver with each client and ensuring consistent service. through this attention to detail, its caregivers often establish strong bonds with clients and clients' families and become valued companions.
Our person centred visits are minimum of an hour ans we can help with all aspects of care, including specialised dementia support, end of life and live in care.
Home Instead is an award winning company and we are very proud of our excellent reputation and highly experienced team.
Broyle Place Farm
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Your training will be work-based with your tutor/assessor visiting you at work on a regular basis. You will receive supervision and support from your manager and colleagues and you will have 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' learning.
This apprenticeship will be completed in a minimum of 13 months.
You may also need to include English and maths alongside your apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship standard Adult care worker.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.