- Working week: 36.25 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Weekly wage: £166.32 to £320.76 per week
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 07 Jun 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
The apprenticeship may start before the closing date.
You will gain an introduction into accounts preparation, VAT returns, book keeping and management accounts, learn how to produce simple tax returns and in time have the opportunity to work as part of a team undertaking client audits off site learning about the audit process from planning through to completion.
As an apprentice you can expect:
- A structured apprenticeship programme through an external training provider
- Invaluable hands on work experience in a friendly and encouraging environment
- Support from a dedicated training manager and mentor
- Support from an internal network of trainees
- Exciting opportunities for continued studies & career development beyond AAT qualification.
We would take on someone wishing to study at Level 2 or Level 3. For those wishing to start on Level 3 you would need to have a Level 2 AAT qualification in place.
Requirements and prospects
- Hard work and commitment
- Drive and ambition to develop
- Team Players
- Good planning & organisational skills to manage to work & study commitments.
- The ability to demonstrate a strong academic record from school or college
- Desire to make a difference.
- Strong numerical skills.
Our previous apprentices have continued in full time employment with us and worked their way up the different apprenticeship levels.
Things to consider
Office is within walking distance of the station and/or local bus routes, parking should also be possible if required.
Knill James are happy to take someone on, on either Level 2 or Level 3. To do Level 3 you must have already completed Level 2 AAT.
About the employer
Knill James Chartered Accountants
Knill James LLP is an innovative firm of chartered accountants and business advisers based in Lewes providing one-stop specialist advisory and compliance services to help clients develop and drive their business and optimise their tax.
We aim to make a difference to our clients by understanding their needs, providing tailor-made advice and delivering excellent service.
We aim to make a difference to our people by leading and inspiring, sharing our knowledge and celebrating the individual.
One Bell Lane
Employer's application instructions Candidates can apply via the following link (also available via the website) where they can upload a covering letter & CV and answer a short pre-assessment question.
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website.
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard: Accounts / Finance Assistant.