Lloyd is looking for a highly motivated Administrator to lead on responses to constituents’ policy and campaign enquiries (inc. 38 degrees, change.org etc).
To support the work of Lloyd’s busy constituency office in Brighton and with some home working possible. This is a full-time position with occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Research thoroughly and accurately policy correspondence which reflects Lloyd’s views
- Working closely with our part-time Policy Caseworker, Lloyd and all of his team.
- Support the advice casework team on a wide range of issues including housing, benefits, immigration etc
- Manage and monitor incoming calls and enquiries
- Open and dispatch mail, photocopy, file, record-keep and type correspondence
- Responding to enquiries passing on queries to other team members/Lloyd as appropriate
- Manage own caseload and progress of policy casework. Delegate and assist, as appropriate, interns, work experience, etc.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Assist with arrangements for events and meetings (non-political)
- Diary management
- Attend surgeries and other meetings, sometimes out of hours and at weekends
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate
- Liaise with relevant groups.
- Work with the MP and other staff to update and improve social media and website information on the work of the MP
- Applicants should have an interest in helping people & be sympathetic to the values of the Labour Party. Experience in working or volunteering with the public is preferable. Ability to learn on the job vital.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels.
- Able to help constituents in a positive, helpful, & non-judgemental manner
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines with an eye for detail
- Degree not required, new graduates should note that we are interested in volunteer and work experience with people rather than the contents of degree courses
- Able to deal with issues in a confidential manner and to work effectively in a small team
- Competent use of IT, social media etc.
- Experience of updating and posting onto social media, websites etc preferable
Closing Date: 17 June 2021
It is planned that interviews will take place in week commencing 21st June. Start date would be as soon as possible.
Please send a covering letter of no more than 2 sides outlining how you fulfil the person specification and how you have or could fulfil the key tasks of the role along with a CV of no more than 2 sides to: Simon.Burgess@Parliament.uk
Ensure you name the documents with your name and whether CV or covering letter