Shop Staff & Deliveries: Newline Plastics
Shop Staff & Deliveries
- Full Time, permanent
- 23 years old and over, no one younger will be considered due to commercial insurance
- £23,000 rising to £25,000 after probation with team bonus opportunities
- Monday-Friday 07:40-17:00 with a 1-hour lunch break
- 2 x half day Saturdays per month with a day in lieu. (Saturday hours will not be from the outset of employment)
- 23 days holiday including 2 compulsory weeks at Christmas, plus Bank Holidays. This will rise 1 day per annum for each year of consecutive employment up to a maximum 25 days.
Newline Plastics Ltd are a PVC-u stockist based in Crawley. We have a strong, 20-year reputation within the trade and work closely with a number of the top manufacturers within the industry. Our varied & well stocked range of products covers underground drainage, roofline & guttering systems with all the associated fittings plus hand tools & accessories. After a successful end to a terrible year and a great start in 2021, we’re expanding the business and require a focussed, trustworthy person to begin a career with a growing company. Experience with Roofline materials preferred but not essential.
Primary role responsibilities:
- Build successful working relationships with customers, face-to-face, over the phone and online, to help identify opportunities and drive sales growth
- Accurately and efficiently carry out transactions
- Loading & unloading materials, 4-6m in length. This is required day in, day out so physical fitness is a must
- Maintain the shop, stock and vehicles
- Account management, invoicing and following up overdues
Secondary role responsibilities:
- Deliver materials
- Full, clean, UK Driving Licence required
- Confidence in abilities to drive a flat-bed van (3.5 tonne)
- All and any need of the business related to its daily requirements
- Applicants must have great communication, motivation and work ethic.
- The ability to maintain composure under pressure
- IT literate e.g. Microsoft Office & emails
- Problem solving skills/great time management
- Functional numerical skills for working out percentages and quantities etc.