School of Health Sciences
£23,067 to £25,941 per annum
Fixed term end date:31 December 2021.
Your effective communication and administrative skills will be welcome in this role which provides professional services and support for courses within the School of Sport and Health Sciences, for example Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology.
You will be working within our school office in the pleasant surroundings of the Meads area of Eastbourne, your role will be to support a wide range of functions that assist our students and staff. These include maintaining student records, examination board preparation and servicing and working alongside the academic course teams to ensure effective communication with our students in relation to module and course provision. As the first point of contact for students enrolled on courses, good communication skills and the ability to clarify facts from ambiguity are key to being successful in this role.
You should have:
• Knowledge of administrative systems: good knowledge of databases, word-processing and spreadsheet packages; the ability to produce grammatically correct written work and numerical accuracy
• The ability to understands the information needs of others
• Experience of solving problems and developing plans and strategies successfully
• The ability to assimilate new information quickly
• The ability to organise work and time effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
This post is fixed term to cover maternity leave. Normally there would be the expectation of occasional travel to our office on the Falmer campus and meetings/training sessions on other campuses, however, with current pandemic regulations, you may be working remotely for part of your contracted hours. Currently, the school offices in Eastbourne are being covered on a rota basis.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the University is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Closing date: Monday 21 June 2021.
Interview date: To be confirmed.