Core Subject Teacher
Core Subject Teacher
Brighton – September 2021
Worthing - September 2021
Chichester - September 2021
Contract Type: Part Time/Full Time (0.4 / 0.8 / F/T)
Please Note: This role is open to applicants to apply for either a 2 day position, (at one location), a 4 day position, (at two locations) or a full time post across our three centres in Brighton, Worthing and Chichester.
We are looking for a strong and resilient teacher to work at our expanding Extra Time Project. We require an experienced ‘Core Subject Teacher’ to deliver English, Maths and Science to pupils who are placed with the project, full time, for 12 weeks. Pupils are placed with Extra Time for a variety of reasons, including SEMH difficulties and needing respite from the mainstream school environment. During their time on the project, pupils continue their core lessons, alongside a curriculum focused on building the pupils character profiles along with raising confidence, self esteem and teamworking skills.
The role of a Core Subject Teacher is to deliver the core lessons of English, Maths and Science. Our curriculum for these subjects is created alongside the head of departments from the partnered schools on the project, ensuring that pupils are not falling behind during their time with us. We require an experienced classroom leader, that understands pupils’ emotional responses and barriers to learning, being flexible and adaptable in all eventualities.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Confident/experience in delivering a topic/subject to a group.
- The ability to work effectively with others as a competent team member.
- Computer literacy/word processing/video/photocopier skills.
- Ability to understand RMF roles and responsibilities.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Be enthusiastic when delivering sessions to children.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Good communication, team working and organisational skills.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Knowledge of health & safety
- Able to take instructions and willing to learn.
- Able to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Previous work experience in a sporting environment in any capacity, e.g. after-school club or sports club.
- First Aid training (ideally paediatric)
- Previous experience of working in a pastoral/SEMH environment.
- Understanding of relevant policies/code of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Good knowledge of safeguarding.
- Preferably experience in SEN
- Understanding of ADHD, ASD, EDB, SEMH, MLD