We are looking for an Electrical Improver, and you should demonstrate a sound base knowledge and initiative with both domestic and industrial electrical work and possess great organisational skills. You must have a desire to working well as part of a team with previous experience in electrical works and passionate about developing troubleshooting and inspection skills. The majority of DES contracts are currently on the Railway Network, across the UK.
- Take direction from, and to assist the Lead Electrician to carry out electrical installations, including wiring systems, enclosures and equipment.
- Work within health and safety requirements to ensure a safe, positive work environment.
- Show a willingness to develop lead electrician qualities / capabilities.
- To have relevant site experience.
- Establishing relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, other professionals, and expanding networks.
- Ensuring a safe, positive work environment
Qualifications / competencies
- Must have completed either the City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 or the City & Guilds 2351 or the City & Guilds 2330, and useful to have City and Guilds 2368 Electrical Installation Level 2 and NVQ Electrical Installation Level 2.
- Must have been a registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of practical training in electrical installation work.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- CSCS Card.
- A positive attitude towards work, with strong interpersonal and communication skills towards all stakeholders (within Company, Clients, Sub-Contractors and the Public).
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Must be highly reliable and trustworthy.
- On occasions you must be prepared to work nights and weekends and at times it is necessary to stay away from home during the week.