As we reopen and prepare for a busy year ahead, we currently have some amazing opportunities for committed and hardworking individuals to join our team as Kitchen Porters, working in a COVID safe, supportive, trusted, respectful and caring environment at The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
We are looking for dedicated individuals who have the passion, drive and ability, to work at a fast pace and high standard. You need a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and a great eye for detail.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great benefits package including a share of service charge, complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme and incentive programme (including cinema tickets, free dinner & afternoon tea, cash rewards), discounted use of hotel facilities, workplace pension & life assurance, employee assistance programme, and a high street, local attraction & retail perks and discount programme.
Each of these positions reports directly to our Executive Head Chef and is a vital part of keeping our kitchens running to an exceptionally high standard!.
As a Kitchen Porter you will have the following responsibilities:-
- Clean all crockery, cutlery, glassware and other kitchen equipment ready for service - storing everything in a tidy, safe manner, ensuring all items are easily located when needed
- Clean all fixed items of equipment, tables, work tops and floors in the kitchens and food preparation rooms
- Keep all store-rooms and refrigerators clean and tidy to the highest standard of hygiene, to enable food items to be stored safely Ensure bins in the kitchens are emptied regularly, kept clean, all rubbish correctly disposed of.
- Assist the chefs, from time to time, in certain simple food preparation tasks as directed by the chef in charge.
The role works various shift patterns from breakfast to evening service, working around 35 or more hours per week over 5 days, including weekends.
Don’t let the exciting opportunity to join our #exceptionalteam in the role of Kitchen Porter pass you by. We’re progressive, independent, and free-spirited - it’s just the fabric of the building that’s historic, not our approach to business! If you’re looking for the #bestplacetowork, look no further! If you are keen to join a community feel team within a progressive, people focused independent spirited business, apply now!
More searches like this
- Hospitality & Catering Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Catering Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Cleaner Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Food Services Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Hotels Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton