Assistant Spa Manager
Assistant Spa Manager
An opportunity to develop your Spa career by joining our experienced and award winning Utopia Spa team. Your career will take a boost with the experience and development you will receive at our truly luxurious Spa, while also contributing to our continued success.
The 5 Red Star Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of the very successful Alexander Hotels Group with four top Hotels and two award winning Utopia Spa, has an outstanding environment and range of facilities.
25 spacious treatment rooms, including 3 double treatment rooms, a selection of relaxation lounges. A private Zen garden features a barrel sauna and outdoor hot tub, with 4 additional private cedar hot tubs available for hire.
A tennis court, putting green, bike hire, trekking trail and garden games completes the range of outside facilities.
Inside the pool with monsoon showers and hydrotherapy pool together with a state of the art gym completes what’s on offer.
Our guests enjoy treatments using two quality product ranges; Ila, Ayurvedic inspired and Temple Spa, Mediterranean inspired products.
In addition guest can enjoy finishing touches with API manicures and pedicures and even book an appointment in our Hair Spa.
A great opportunity exists for an experienced Spa Therapist Supervisor to take their first step into Management as our Assistant Spa Manager. With responsibility for the spa operation during the Spa Managers days off you will have a real opportunity to develop your management and guest service skills within this beautiful Spa Hotel.
To assist the Spa Manager in the day to day operation of the Utopia Spa focusing on delivering and exceeding guests expectations, and ensuring our commitment to high standards of hospitality, encouraging loyalty and assured recognition.
- To act as host manager, welcoming guests to the Spa and co-ordinating service from the time they arrive to the time they depart
- Support the Reception team during busy periods and offer tours of the spa for new visitors/members
- To monitor the presentation of the Utopia Spa in all areas ensuring the very highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and organisation
- Complete the opening and closing procedures to ensure the Spa is fully operational and that it is secured at the end of the day
- To be competent in supporting with reservations on the telephone as well as face to face sales of Utopia Spa Vouchers, Gift Experiences and Retail Products.
- To ensure all those on duty are fully informed of the day’s events, issued their work schedules for the day, and are focused on the priority for guest service throughout the day.
- In consultation with the Spa Manager to implement new promotional ideas.
- To ensure staff productivity is achieved and that all staff are well presented and offering the required level of service.
- To support the Spa Manager with staff recruitment interviews and trade tests.
- To monitor spa and treatment standards and implement corrective action/training where required.
- To be competent in the delivery of all level 2 and level 3 treatment ranges on offer in the Utopia Spa.
- To train, coach, appraise and manage the Spa Team.
- To create an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages the team to take pride in their work area and performance standards.
- To actively support any spa department during peak periods.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility complies with Fire, Health and Safety Policy.
- Level 2 and 3 Beauty Therapy qualification, or equivalent.
- Practical therapy experience within a spa/salon.
- Previous supervisory experience ideally within a beauty department.
- Smart appearance with a warm and friendly disposition.
- Maturity and calm approach to dealing with guest and staff issues to ensure resolution.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£24,000 to £26,000
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme
In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday