Operations and Events Co-ordinator
Operations and Events Co-ordinator
Millions of people struggle with numbers. Nearly half of working age UK adults currently have the numeracy levels of a primary school age child, which has a significant negative impact on them, on employers and on society overall.
National Numeracy is a charity which aims to enable everyone across the UK to be confident and competent in using numbers and data in order to make good decisions in their daily life and at work. At National Numeracy, we work to challenge negative attitudes, influence public policy and offer practical ways of helping adults and children improve their numeracy, in the community, the workplace and within formal education. We help thousands of people to feel more comfortable about using numbers and recognise their value in everyday life.
We are looking for someone to provide cross-organisational operation and events support, as well as diary management to the CEO within this varied role. Reporting to the Operations & Impact Director, the successful candidate will be central to the Operations & Impact team, with responsibility for day-to-day HR systems and processes, office management and as the first point of contact with our external IT support partner. The successful applicant will be central to ensuring the smooth running of the office.
This role will also be a crucial link to our External Relations team, handling the logistics and administration of events for our major campaigns, plus activities undertaken by our celebrity ambassadors.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, a self-starter and able to use their own initiative. It’s not imperative that you come from the charity sector or that you have held an equivalent role previously, as long as you can show us that you have relevant transferable skills and an understanding of what it takes to be successful in this role.
National Numeracy is based in Lewes, East Sussex, and the expectation is that you will be in Lewes at least part of the time in due course. We offer significant flexibility opportunities. The role may include occasional travel to London and beyond.
The stakeholders we work with have a range of different backgrounds and experiences and we are committed to having a diverse team who can bring their experiences from work and home into this role. Therefore, we actively encourage applicants from Black, Asian or minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities to apply for this role.
- Managing the diary & travel logistics of the CEO.
- Liaising with trustees & booking trustee meetings/venues.
- Administering the preparation of board papers, agenda and minutes.
- Management of our online HR system.
- Assisting in recruitment: co-ordinating applications, arranging interviews, creating inductions for new starters.
- Arranging internal meetings and events, including staff ‘away days’.
- Act as first point of contact for IT support and the broader tech function that supports the day-to-day working of National Numeracy; including managing the relationship with our IT support service and monitoring costs against budget.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office generally, including monitoring office supplies levels, managing equipment ordering and monitoring spend against budgets. This includes equipment and logistics that staff may need to support home working.
- Maintaining systems and processes, such as our Sharepoint document storage system and our employee induction processes, and supporting the team to develop and improve how we run the charity.
- Logistics & planning of external facing events, working with External Relations and the partnerships teams, including participant management and venues/online requirements.
- Management of the logistics and activities of the charity’s celebrity ambassadors, such as talks, appearances or video recordings, and helping NN recruit new ambassadors to support our cause.
For full details of the person specification plus salary, location and how to apply, please see the job vacancies page of our website.