Business Administration Apprentice
Business Administration Apprentice
Here at Aldridge Adult Learning we are determined to play our part in helping those in our community achieve their dreams by offering people the opportunities they need to get back on their feet and thrive.
We believe that education should be stimulating, enriching and enjoyable throughout our adult lives. A great education empowers people because it offers them genuine choice for their future decisions. It allows our learners to understand the value of education and learning throughout their lives and have greater agency and richer participation in all spheres of their lives. Our intention is that our learners challenge assumptions about what they can achieve and do, and in doing so raising their aspirations so that they might look forward to the future with anticipation because of the increased confidence, motivation and direction re-entering education has given them.
Our intent is adult education for all – and particularly the most vulnerable and hard to engage. We believe the opportunity to take control of your career options or to enjoy ongoing learning should continue throughout adulthood and we are committed to supporting our local communities in this mission. We aim to motivate and inspire though a supportive learner centered focus, enabling individuals to see new possibilities and futures.
To provide administration support and interact with various stakeholders within Aldridge Adult Learning (AAL) and the local community. With a focus on adding value, the role contributes to the efficiency of AAL, through support of functional areas, working across AAL and resolving issues as required
To be the main point of contact for all AAL student enquiries.
To manage the assorted ‘Enrolment Lists’ to track every stage of the student enrolment process.
To support the team with minute taking, arranging appointments, diary management, hosting meetings and letter writing.
To assist with telephone enquiries, taking messages and answering enquiries related to AAL and direct where appropriate.
Set up and carry out the relevant assessments in accordance with each type of course enrolment.
Support the registration of new students, operating and maintaining the bespoke enrolment system, collecting the relevant enrolment documents.
Updating internal systems as well as the use of IT packages such as Microsoft Office.
To welcome students and visitors to the school in a polite and efficient manner.
Basic finance duties such as taking course fees and course deposits.
Collating and inputting data for AAL reports and logging confidentially information securely.
Ordering, monitoring and organising office supplies and liaising with appropriate services to organise maintenance of the office and equipment as required
Education to GCSE standard grade C (or equivalent) in English
Maths Level 2 (or willingness to undertake)
- Experience of working successfully and co-operating as a member of a team
- The use of IT for administration including in-house systems and Microsoft packages
- Experience of using effective administration and data systems in a busy office environment
- Proven ability to manage your time effectively, to prioritise work
- Awareness of confidentiality and the ability to deal appropriately with sensitive and difficult situations
- Ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team with interpersonal skills
- To display the highest levels of integrity and complete trustworthiness and discretion
- Be a problem solver, and to be able to reflect upon one’s own practise
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in an Educational environment
- Understand the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Safeguarding, including Child Protection, Prevent, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and inclusion
- Ability to work in a confidential manner
- Flexible and proactive in approach
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers
Training to be Provided
Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, which you will receive training to develop and demonstrate the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour also included:
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work-based learning
- 20% off the job training
- Training is delivered on-line and face to face
- A nominated tutor
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Things to consider
Evening and weekend work may be required. You may be required to undertake such duties as may be reasonably required of you commensurate with this grade. Satisfactorily meeting the Trust’s employment checks – a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (including any relevant overseas checks), health assessment, references, qualifications and legal entitlement to work in the UK
A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. Opportunity to learn and develop within the company. Progression on to higher apprenticeship / training