Apprentice Bookings Coordinator
- Weekly wage: £152.25 - £230.65
- Working week: Monday - Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm (but the office opens from 8.00am to 6.00pm, so sometimes you might be asked to do another shift.).
- Total hours per week: 35.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
- Positions: 1 available
The key tasks as part of the role are:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the bookings system by acting as the first point of contact for clients, you will process all incoming bookings for interpreters and translators
- You will be responsible for recording and monitoring all work and other data onto the Vandu information/filing systems and dealing with any problems
- Taking service requests, providing information, booking interpreters and confirming bookings to clients
- Implementing customer requests for particular requirements with their bookings
- Maintaining and operating manual and computerised information systems, e.g. to search records and enter data onto the client database, ensure data is relevant and up to date, utilise tools required for day to day management of projects
- Research information, compile statistics, gather and compute various data for use both internally and for clients
- Review, monitor, and process all correspondence to and from customers
- Be the first point of contact for personal and telephone callers, and to respond with appropriate information
- Organise workload to ensure deadlines are met; schedule work assignments in order of priority and date received
- Respond to general customer enquiries and provide information pertaining to VLS services to existing or potential clients
- Maintain customer retention ensuring customers and associates are happy with the service they receive, and that they feel supported
- Participate in staff meetings, training and development activities and supervision sessions
- Adhere to VLS policies and procedures as necessary
- Available to take on the out of hrs mobile to answer emergencies. This will be done on a rota basis.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- Having good written English
- Being able to communicate clearly
- The ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Being professional
- Having a friendly personality
- The ability to work in a small team
Having GCSEs in maths and English at grade C/4, Level 2 (or equivalent) or above.
There are other areas within the company that the successful applicant could learn and develop into.
Things to consider
Some of the benefits to working at Vandu Language Services include:
- We have a very friendly atmosphere and although it is busy, we have a relaxed environment
- It is a homely place to work
- There is free tea and coffee all day long. Sometimes we bring biscuits or cakes too
- Wages 16-18: £4.35 per hour
- Wages 19+: £6.59 per hour.
About the employer
Set up in 1999, Vandu Language Services is a language agency providing interpreting and translation services to businesses in the South East of England. We work with local government agencies such as the Councils, Sussex Police and the NHS. We also work with private customers such as legal firms and media companies.
Vandu Language Services Ltd
St. Nicholas Lane
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Apprenticeship Certificate (pass or distinction)
- Customer Service Level 2 Diploma (optional)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
Customer service practitioner Level 2 (GCSE)