Commis Chef Apprentice
- Weekly wage: £150.50 - £311.85
- Working week: 5 days on, 2 days off. Evenings & weekends. Shifts TBC on appointment.
- Total hours per week: 35.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
- Positions: 1 available
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period so the apprenticeship may start before the closing date.
Some of the key tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Learning the fundamentals of cooking: knife skills, handle ingredients, working within different sections of the kitchen, food preparation, portion control, assemble dishes.
- Learning to cook, store and serve
- Food hygiene practices
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to multi task
- The ability to work under pressure
- Time management skills.
- Good timekeeper
- Team player
- Good personal care – smart uniform
- Keen to learn
- A genuine passion for food.
Food Safety Award Level 2.
Working within a full time/permanent position as a Chef with the opportunity to progress within the ranks of the kitchen.
Things to consider
With this apprenticeship you may be required to attend college, one day, per week, term time only, at East Sussex College's, Eastbourne Campus.
There will be evening and weekend work so please ensure before applying that you are able to reach the workplace.
About the employer
The Pilot Inn are proud to welcome you to their stylish, friendly, award-winning pub and B&B. Nestled at the foot of the beautiful South Downs National Park, The Pilot Inn with its car park provides a superb base from which to soak up some of the most stunning and iconic scenery in the county. They offer a daily and specials menu and are based in Meads, Eastbourne.
The Pilot Inn
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Learners will study the following topics:
• Food Safety & Hygiene
• Due diligence processes
• Effective Teamwork
• Kitchen Etiquette
• Basic Costings & Yields of goods
• Portion & Waste Control.
Once completing the apprenticeship you will receive:
- An Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction grade)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
20% of your contracted working hours will be spent on training. Training can be made us of various things such as being mentored, shadowing other members of staff, in-house training, day release to college, mock assessments, written assignments, putting together a portfolio of evidence etc.
Commis chef Level 2 (GCSE).