Claims Customer Team Leader
To provide leadership and motivational direction to a team of Claims Negotiators ensuring that procedures are followed and they carry out their duties efficiently to ensure all claims are resolved within a reasonable time period and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Create an atmosphere of professionalism and behaviours attributed to the company values amongst employees.
- Monitor negotiators performance to ensure they are following Company policies and procedures at all times and are compliant with FCA regulations (including TCF principles).
- Set targets for agents and provide coaching and mentoring to achieve KPI’s and Behaviour Targets.
- Conduct regular performance reviews, including probationary reviews and annual appraisals and gauge and assign negotiator positions against the framework.
- Deal with all employee issues including monitoring absence, supporting the disciplinary process, and resolving employee issues with support from the Claims Operations Managers and HR when required.
- Assist the recruitment process including assisting with the interviewing and training of new recruits, or re-training of current employees when required
- Assist and support the departmental resource planning team with employee shifts and working patterns to ensure optimal staffing levels and manage the workload of the team.
- Provide the team with feedback on company performance and ensure they are kept up to date with all changes in products, price and underwriting changes
- Support negotiators in dealing with customer objections and resolving and logging complaints appropriately to avoid complaints escalation when appropriate.
- Support Resource Planning by observing real-time telephony system and claims campaigns to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are achieved
- To work closely with other teams and departments to ensure consistency and best practice
- To be compliant with health and safety policies at all times
- To ensure all work is carried out to a high level of accuracy and ensure compliance with all company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times (including TCF)
- Encourage and drive a reduction in ACPC ensuring Claims Management Team is kept up to date with relevant data.
- Lead your team in embedding “simply driven” into our Claims service
- Actively manage all costs within the team, both operational and claims indemnity driven on a pragmatic and commercial basis
- Ensure that all claims files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Experience & knowledge
- Experience of meeting KPI’s and SLA’s within a regulated environment
- Extensive motor claims experience at a senior level
- Experience of managing a team of employees
- Experience of claims reporting management of ACPC
- Solid experience of auditing claims files
- Knowledge of FCA requirements
- Solid understanding of all aspects of motor claims handling
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to claims
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations delivery
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong leadership and management skills, and ability to motivate employees in a high pressurised environment
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Great customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong IT and software skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- An organised and proactive approach
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Approachable and keen to help others
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team