Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
5 Red Star Hotel, Award winning Utopia Spa, 57 bedrooms including the new luxury Cedar Lodge development and a 2 bedroom self-contained Gatehouse are available for guests.
2 Award winning restaurants, Reflections Restaurant (2 Rosette x 60 covers), AG’s Restaurant (3 Rosette x 35covers) together with a range of conference and banqueting and private dining rooms catering for 8 to 95 guests.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities.
Join our Housekeeping team under the direction of our experienced Head Housekeeper, Agnes Szabo. There is full time team of housekeeping assistants, linen porters and spa cleaners, as well as an inhouse maintenance team to support you.
We are seeking a Laundry Assistant. An energetic, fit person is required to assist our hard-working Housekeeping Assistants. Stocking up their linen stores, helping them strip beds on busy days and clearing dirty linen from the guest corridors to ensure the hotel always looks its best. Working from 09.00-15.30 or 08.30-17.00 with a ½ hr lunch break, we will consider full or part time applicants. Preference will be given to those that can work at least one weekend shift.
Main duties of the Laundry Assistant include;
- Stocking linen cupboards on the guest corridors with sheets, pillowcases, duvets and towels
- On busy days, stripping off beds ready for Housekeeping Assistants to remake with clean linen for arriving guests
- Clearing dirty linen from the bedrooms/corridors
- Operating inhouse machines for some spa linen
- Counting and bagging up linen for laundry company to collect
- Counting and unpacking laundry delivered each day, pulling out reject linen for return
- Sorting reject linen in stock from circulation
- Physically fit with no back problems
- Energetic worker
- Experience of safe lifting techniques
- Smart and guest aware
£20,500 per annum, (£19,500 + £1,000 per annum guaranteed service charge payment paid quarterly) – pro rata if less than 40 hrs per week
- An additional end of financial year service charge bonus also paid
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service (for full time and part time contracts)
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday