Customer Service Apprentice
- Working week: Monday-Friday 9.00am-5.00pm
- Total hours per week: 35.00
- Weekly wage: £175.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 01 Aug 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
- Understand the needs and priorities of our customers
- Learn how to manage customers' expectations
- Develop knowledge about our products in order to be able to help customers place orders and receive good quality product information
- Understand how establishing the facts enable you to create a customer forcused experience and suitable response
- Learn and develop knowledge on how to resolve any complaints that may occur
- Know how to use our systems, equipment and technology to meet customers' needs
- Know the relevant legislation relationg to our products
- Know the targets and goals you need to deliver against to provide excellent customer service
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work as part of a team
- Communicate confidently in a variety of ways including written, verbal, telephone and digitally
- Use influencing skills to help customers make choices
- Be well-organised in your own work
- Prioritise work load
- Be patient and understanding
We are looking for the following:
- Someone who can keep their skills up to date
- Someone who can take instructions and act on them
- Someone who will be confident to ask questions if they don't understand
- Someone who treats people as individuals
English and maths at GCSE or equivalent Grade C/4 or higher would be an advantage
It is hoped that the person who completes their apprenticeship with the company will continue their career with us.
Things to consider
We are in a rural area although we are on a bus route.
About the employer
J A K K
JAKK is a small, family owned business based in Hellingly, near Hailsham in East Sussex that has been established for well over 20 years. We produce garden and conservatory furniture and we also make highly prized solid wood gates in a variety of designs. We can also make bespoke items as required. Our workshop is located ina rural business centre on a farm so although we are on a bus route we are in the countryside. We are a small team but we work with high quality materials producing traditional craft made items.
We are looking for a committed Customer Service apprentice to join the team who will learn to deal with our customers in a professional manner, generate sales and generally keep the 'office' side of the business in order. An interest in our products wouldbe helpful but you will also receive full training in what we do and you'll see the production in progress..
Granary Business Centre Unit 17
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
You will be working full time for the business and have 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' learning which will include being trained by your colleagues in the business and also receiving direct one to one support from your tutor/assessor at East Sussex College.
You will receive regular opportunities to contact your tutor and you will also receive a review every 12 weeks between you, your tutor/assessor and your manager.
Your training will be completed with an End Point Assessment which will include the production of a 'showcase' ofyour work, a practical observation and a professional discussion. You can be graded with pass or distinction if you are successful.
You may need to include maths and English in your programme.
Customer service practitioner