- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Working week: Shifts to be discussed on appointment, 40 hours per week
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 08 Oct 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
- Positions: 1 available
The main purpose of the apprenticeship will be to assist the senior hair stylists.
Tasks will include:
- Support all stylists
- Make refreshments for clients
- Maintaining a clean and tidy salon
- Prepare stylist tools and equipment when needed
- Answering telephone
- Booking appointments
- Taking messages
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include
- Good rapport and communication skills
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Real desire to learn
- Passion for the hair industry
- Commitment to the job and training
There are no essential qualifications for the role however the successful apprentice will be invited
to attend an Apprenticeship Information Session where they will have to complete a maths and
On the successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be a full-time job role on offer or the opportunity to complete Level 3.
Things to consider
Company benefits include:
- Discounted hair service and products
- 28 days paid holiday
- Commissions paid on top of salary.
This is a day release apprenticeship where you will be required to go to East Sussex College, one day every other week. This will be at the Lewes Campus which can be reached by train or bus.
About the employer
Val Cussell Hair Salon opened in Fiveways in November 2015 and is now one of Brighton’s leading hair and colour salons. Ours is a relaxing and friendly salon with a talented and creative team who
are all trained to the highest standards.
There is easy access via bus or train.
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
Level 2 (GCSE)