Customer Care Professional - Customer Engagement Network
You won’t just help customers. You’ll help YOUR customers.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, including collaborating with your colleagues through peer-to-peer coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Deliver world-class customer service, while responding to Customer inquiries and concerns via calls
- Build meaningful relationships with our Customers through a consultative approach, understanding their current and future needs, providing first contact resolution and negotiating a positive outcome for the Customer and American Express
- Enhance our customers’ experience by identifying opportunities to offer products based on our Cardmembers’ needs
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Navigate computer systems and applications to service our Customers, and enable them to get the most from our online and mobile platforms
- Re-prioritise and adapt to an ever-changing environment
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Display a passion to serve by delivering outstanding service in every interaction with our Customers
- The ability and resilience to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as well as multitask, using multiple systems and digital tools to service our Customers
- Strong interpersonal, communication, verbal and written skills
- Assertiveness to handle difficult conversations
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and resourcefulness skills
- Critical, analytical and forward thinking with problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail
- Confidence to work in a virtual environment
Shift work Monday to Sunday 7 days a week (working 5 days) - 35 hour weekly scheduled between the hours of 0700 to midnight.
Full training is provided- 6 weeks class training followed by 8 weeks on the job training and support
Location: 1 John Street, Brighton – The team are based in our office in Brighton. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we will are currently working from home however will be returning to the office in the near future.
We will work with you to ship equipment to your home address and conduct a new hire orientation virtually, from there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building. You will need to have a quiet space at home to work from, whist we operate a virtual team.
American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives. At American Express’ discretion, this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
At American Express’ discretion, this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.