Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Porter, to start as soon as possible. The role will work full-time (40 hours per week) with a salary of £19,760 per annum, at the rate of pay of £9.50 per hour, which is the Real Living Wage.
The purpose of this post is to work as part of the Facilities team to ensure that the appearance of the College, both inside and out, is of the highest standard. This includes room set-ups for school purposes and external functions. Experience of working in a school and in a similar type of role is desirable.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing rooms, buildings and outside areas as necessary for teaching, working, courses, meetings, exams, events and functions including table, chair and staging arrangements and the returning of these areas to their original use afterwards. This will involve some indoor cleaning
- Distributing post, parcels, paper and all other deliveries, as well as moving furniture and other bulky items such as audio/lighting equipment and musical instruments around the College and associated buildings
- Carrying out the external cleaning of all buildings at the College and associated properties in accordance with agreed schedules. The successful applicant will be expected to work in all weather conditions
- Disposing of broken furniture and other items in skips, recycling paper and other items as per recycling policy and collecting and storing confidential waste ready for collection
- Undertaking driving duties and carrying out maintenance checks of the Porterage van
- Maintaining all equipment belonging to the department (this will involve completing minor non-technical maintenance work) and reporting all faults and breakages of equipment and buildings belonging to the College and associated properties as per policy
- Assisting with conducting fire drills and carrying out any other duties to ensure the smooth running of the College as required by the Head of Porterage
- Any other reasonable management request.
- This role will involve daily contact with pupils and you will be engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
- All staff and volunteers have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.